Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just put it in the storage compartment. I think a handle bar mount would shake the crap out of my phone.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ram Mount is what I use. Works great fast and easy on & off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just put it in the storage compartment. I think a handle bar mount would shake the crap out of my phone.
Lol I put my Iphone in my storage compartment this past sunday on a 3 hour ride, by the time it was over my phone had the temperature warning it was so hot lol. But at the same time I would be to afraid to lose my phone having it anywhere else..

·
Registered
627 Posts
Lol I put my Iphone in my storage compartment this past sunday on a 3 hour ride, by the time it was over my phone had the temperature warning it was so hot lol. But at the same time I would be to afraid to lose my phone having it anywhere else..
You're not the first one I've heard cmplain of excessive heat in the storage compartment but (knock on wood) I have had zero issues with heat in mine.Why? I have no idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I've never noticed a real increase in temperature in the storage compartment. It is warm but not hot, at least to me.

You might look into getting some heat reflective tape and place it on the plastics. I did it on the left rear fender right above the muffler and it cut down on the heat quite a bit. I don't remember who but a member here put it on all the plastics where heat was really noticeable. You can get self sticking sheets of it off of Amazon. I even thought about having my exhaust pipe that comes off of the engine ceramic coated to help it retain the heat until it goes out of the tailpipe.

As for the phone in a holder on the handle bars, I wouldn't do it. Just way too much that can happen when you wont notice it is gone until you are down the trail. I found a $700 GPS that someone had on a bike or ATV a few years ago that fell off.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got a handlebar phone holder from Walmart. I mounted it on the front rack on the right side so I can plug in to the charger if needed. The holder is the side clamping style with a rubber web that wraps around all four corners of the phone. It works good and the phone has never fallen out or loosened up but it gets really dusty.
The center storage gets hot and your phone will bounce around in there.

Here's a video that shows the phone holder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always put my phone in the storage compartment and it does get an excessive heat warning all the time. Also I would never use an outside phone holder on extreme trails, but we are about to go on a lite trail ride next week and would like to have it out while I am driving.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As I mentioned above I use a Ram mount; mostly when working around the property. It is great for this. If I am out trail riding at a fast pace or ruff trails it gets wrapped in a small towel and tucked away in rack pack. I try not to put it in storage compartment because of the heat. Also notice that it has rubber straps on each corner to secure my iPhone
2E2F8CCA-5460-4E02-9B70-B56B7F8FE10F.jpeg

Reactions: JKinPA

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
As I mentioned above I use a Ram mount; mostly when working around the property. It is great for this. If I am out trail riding at a fast pace or ruff trails it gets wrapped in a small towel and tucked away in rack pack. I try not to put it in storage compartment because of the heat. Also notice that it has rubber straps on each corner to secure my iPhone
I use that same mount, and for the most part it works pretty well. Have had the phone pulled out by passing branches that quick hands saved but that is a rare occurrence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts