Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE Covert Green
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been looking for a low profile storage unit for a while and member Firemed inspired me with his use of a Pelican case. Below is a Pelican V700 on the back of my Kodiak 2021 700 SE. I will be riding on the Spearhead Trails in Virginia later this month and wanted something that will carry the basics (tow strap, tire kit, snacks, tools, etc.) and this low profile case seemed to fit the bill. It is only about 6inches deep but 36 inches wide. It certainly won't meet the needs of lots of members but should handle most of what I need for our day trips. Fully waterproof and dustproof. Pretty confident that I could mount 1 or 2 small Rotopax on top of this in the future should I feel the need-- it is that well built. Case runs $149 from Pelican but I found it much cheaper elsewhere.

Cheers,
Adam K.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I like it! You can mount RotoPax on front to, and distribute the weight.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks great.. more to my liking than a 'high hat' unit. Flat surface would appear to be useful flat working surface for lite use (adjusting the chain saw) is the top sufficiently durable for such use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great.. more to my liking than a 'high hat' unit. Flat surface would appear to be useful flat working surface for lite use (adjusting the chain saw) is the top sufficiently durable for such use?
Absolutely. Pelican has different tiers of products and this 'vault' series is on the lower/cheaper end. Still, it is weather resistant and well made. One could certainly use it as a work surface.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I ask how you attached it to the rack?
I wrapped the 4 rack bars under the case with pipe insulation and then simply used some U-bolts. I used nylon self-locking nuts rather than standard. The case comes with 4 sheets of foam so that you can customize to what you're carrying. In my case, I simply cut off the U-bolts and then used a thin sheet of the accompanying foam to cover them so to have a nice interior surface that won't damage anything I'm carrying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts