Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 2016 yamaha kodiak 700 that I got from LCC Powersports in liberty Mo I have been having issues lately with it over heating and so I went out and got some anti freeze and topped off the coolant reservoir to the top just I'm case it took what seemed like a little bit I ran it for a little bit giving it some gas then **** it off,today I took it for a ride all was fine then after about 30 mins or so it overheated it got really hot antifreeze started leaking out all over any ideas what I might need to do to srop.it from overheating warranty is past gone so anything work wise will be out of pocket and I am a disabled army vet that is in advance.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you fill the reservoir up all the way to the top when the fluid gets hot and expands it will leak out. Just take it up to the max line.
I second checking the radiator and fan and add that you can change the thermostat as a cheap measure.
See if the radiator has been repaired and is soldered up on a vein or two. You may need a new radiator if there was damage repair.
Does the fan turn on as the bike gets hot..if not then that needs to be addressed.
Check your oil and make sure it's not brown and foamy...if so then you could have a head gasket issue where water is getting into the oil.
Check you radiator fluid and see if oil is floating in it.
Another thought...does the bike have a loud muffler on it. It may be lean and need a fuel tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts