Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm putting a size up set of tires on the Kodiak I figure a set of these might not be a bad idea!

Hard/easy to install? Tips from the Pro's around here?

·
Registered
703 Posts
This is true. On my Grizzly my over fenders add 6" total width to my quad. I believe I'm now at 53" wide.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yessir, have thought about that too. Also been thinking of some of the places I've had to squeeze through in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are these over fenders pretty rigid or are they flexible? I just installed some 27x9 and 27x11's on the stock SE rims and they are just inside the fenders but noticeable more stuff gets flung out vs. stock tires.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ones I was looking at are the ones on Yamaha's website, never seen them in person.

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
I put some on my old Big Bear and those were quite flexible.

But remember that if they add width to your Kodiak it may add enough that you are now considered too wide for some trails depending on who checks you out on the trail

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
They look easy enough to install, and should come with instructions. Put them in place for drilling template, mark then drill holes and screw them on.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have 27x11 and 27x9 zillas on my stock wheels and get no more mud than with the 25's. Overfenders are not needed unless the wheels stick out imo.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have 27x11 and 27x9 zillas on my stock wheels and get no more mud than with the 25's. Overfenders are not needed unless the wheels stick out imo.
I agree, I have the same Zillas but in 26".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts