Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if anyone besides Yamaha is making over fenders for the Kodiak 700 yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did look around and found a few places that sell them for the Grizzly. Could contact them to find out if they fit the Kodiak but I've read on Grizzly forums that the Yamaha ones are the better bet. Even saw a few post about how the Canadian ones were better than the American ones sold by Yamaha. Seems odd but they swear by it. Said the plastic is thicker

theatvsuperstore.com - Grizzly

atvtirescanada.com.- Overfenders/Kodiak

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard the same thing about the Canadian Yamaha pieces.i think I will go that route. Cost is ridiculous on them but it is what it is.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I heard the same thing about the Canadian Yamaha pieces.i think I will go that route. Cost is ridiculous on them but it is what it is.
Since you're in Canada , check out the overfenders from Direction 2 (D2) . I just heard of them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you're in Canada , check out the overfenders from Direction 2 (D2) . I just heard of them.
I actually messaged them about a week ago but no response. I know they don't list them for the Kodiak in their application charts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone installed these yet? I am looking for pictures online and cant really find anything beside Grizzlys. I am wondering how well they fit and if they make a difference keeping mud off of you.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never bothered getting them. I just can't justify the price of them for what they are.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did you get them in yet?
I'm hoping to install them this next weekend. Last weekend we had a severe for here cold front come through with 8" of snow overnight. I don't have a plow for the Kodiak so it was back to the old trusty ATC 250SX to get it all plowed out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did you get them in yet?
I started to do them this evening, but decided to not add them.
They were thin and you had to give them a little love in order for them to form to the fender.
I didn't like the idea that they would scratch the **** out of the paint either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I started to do them this evening, but decided to not add them.
They were thin and you had to give them a little love in order for them to form to the fender.
I didn't like the idea that they would scratch the **** out of the paint either.
I read a similar review on a grizzly 700. Its a shame that a Yamaha factory accessory is not made better. After riding in mud the last weekend, I don't know if they are really necessary unless you are putting on wide tires. Thanks for the update.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts