Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple pics from Sunday

then I ran into these guys

spent the rest of the day with these guys to make sure they got out as we couldn't get thru to the highway because they couldn't up the last hill. had to return the same way we came about 3 miles . Very interesting day lots of fun though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome story! When you underestimate the slippery...ness.😄

Looks like a ton of fun

·
Registered
311 Posts
Really nice example of High Country Citizenship . Well done.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Inadequate tires.. most likely culprit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires yes.
Actually they did pretty good for the snow depth .at least 1 ft or more on most of the trail especially in the bush sections .they were dragging bottom in alot of spots, last week we had a lot of drifting snow so snowpack was tough in a lot of placesI came upon these guys trying to turn back onto the main trail where you see the grey one stuck ( the truck is only 2 weeks old. ) 30 min. Later from there on it was pretty good until the white one slid off the trail. 45 min. later were on our way until we hit the big one they almost made it up but it was getting late in the day so the decision was made to backtrack. They spent about 1 1/2 hrs trying to turn around .We ended up about 500 yards from the main highway ,turned around and headed back .still took us 1 hr to get back to main road.pretty rough ride with the ruts for me but still a lot of fun.
I only meet these guys on the trail that day, bunch of 4young lads at one point I think they thought they weren’t going to get out . Being an old guy I only stuck with them to make sure they were coming out of there that night, some of them didn’t even have winter boots .
last week I was in there there were 12 Jeep’s and I would say the oldest one was a 2019 the rest all look brand new.however there was little snow then . We only got this snow in the last 5 or 6 days otherwise we have had little snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts