Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the 150 mile service on my 450 this weekend (provided the dealer has everything I need in stock)

A Google Search didn't provide me with information for relevant year machines.

Mostly just looking for some info on the strainer. Mainly, confirmation as to where it is. Am I correct in assuming it's behind a cover on the left side of the motor? and that the cover must have a gasket?

I'm sure it's a simple enough procedure, just wanting a better idea of what I'm in for.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
I wonder if they are talking about the screen that is on the drain plug?

I looked at a couple of videos and that is the only thing that I can come up with.

I just looked at a parts diagram and it is the screen on the drain plug. # 13 in this picture

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the insight Jim, I wish they would of elaborated on what/where the strainer is in the owners manual, but that would of lost yamaha money somehow lol.

I was thinking the strainer would be like the oil spinner on my honda grom, now I realize that's dumb, because the spinner setup on the grom is there because the motor doesn't have a traditional filter like the wheeler does. Duh!

Super Moderator
I found before I got my service/repair manual for my 700 that the parts diagrams on parts sites like Partzilla come in real handy showing how things go back together or what things are.

Reactions: Blmpkn

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found before I got my service/repair manual for my 700 that the parts diagrams on parts sites like Partzilla come in real handy showing how things go back together or what things are.
I'm honestly a little embarrassed I didn't think of that lol.

Super Moderator
A lot of people don't realize that. But then on quite a few vehicles the parts diagram isn't as good as what Yamaha puts out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts