Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an oil change kit off of Amazon and was pleasantly surprised. The kit has three qts of 10w40,oil filter,and three gaskets, well two crush washers,one aluminum,one copper,and one rubber O-ring. I have no idea where a O-ring goes its about an inch and a half diameter, any ideas? Oh and a paper funnel. But its $40 bucks and I think worth every penny because its all O.E.M.stuff
20210311_074951.jpg

Reactions: fossil

·
Registered
711 Posts
I believe that o ring goes on your dipstick but I am nowhere near my Kodiak right now to verify.

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
I did a couple of searches.

The 93210-35512 is a O ring for the oil pump on the 450's

The 214-11198-01 is the oil drain washer for a older model 450

None of the part numbers come up for a 700

There is no O ring on the dipstick.

I can't remember if you have the 700 or the 450

You need to go into your account and add your Kodiak and what it is in the signature.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I tried putting my signature in.I did actually I just don't know where it went.lol I'll try again.
Oh it's a 21 700 base model ..

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
Don't forget to click save at the bottom of the page when you put it in

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget to click save at the bottom of the page when you put it in
Figured it out,even changed my avatar..

Reactions: JimP

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
For a filter I have been using a Wix 57040 and with my next oil change this summer I believe that I'll go with Shell Rotella 5w-40 synthetic.

You can find either at just about any auto parts store and you can get the Rotella at Walmart

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: rancherMike

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lol, I've got my power equipment mixed up. It's my portable generator that has an o ring on the dipstick. I just changed the oil a few days ago lol. Incidentally, I cut open the last Yamaha oil filter I used and I won't be buying another. It's WIX all the way from here on in for my machines.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I get the exact kit most of the time. Buy it a month or two before I need it, and it sits in that pretty white box just waiting. Good find.

Ive not seen anything on yamaha filters been crap. But that is something to conside for sure

·
Registered
414 Posts
I’ve used nothing but rotella T6 and wix filters on my 4 kodiaks and have zero complaints.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Yup wix filter and rotella t6, cheaper than an oem change and far better quality.

I buy my rotella in 5 gal pail for an even more discounted oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ive not seen anything on yamaha filters been crap. But that is something to conside for sure
Yamaha doesn't make them. They are assembled in Japan from components made in China by Denso. Open up the one you take off and give it a good examination. They are not much of a step up from Fram and certainly not worth the premium they ask. And yes, Shell rotella T6 5w40 for the win. Awesome stuff.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been using semi synthetic tractor transmission fluid in the final drive and synthetic 75w90 gl-5 fluid in the front. It is my understanding you can use the synthetic gl-5 in the rear as well. I just use the tractor fluid because I got gifted 2 gallons.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just use the Yamaha lube for wet brake in the rear of our 2 kodiaks I think I got it on partzilla for like $9 a quart . I found some ultra 1 plus synthetic gl- 4 on amazon for pretty cheap but I went looked for a price and they are out of it.

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Same here, yamalube for the diffs just because it's fairly cheap, can be used in front diff too with no issue. One quart will do 2 changes each front & rear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
CanadianKodiak700 is that yamalube 10w-40 for front and rear differentials?

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
CanadianKodiak700 is that yamalube 10w-40 for front and rear differentials?
No that would be engine oil. The diff oil is 80w90.
This is for the rear diff with wet brakes, but as you can see right on the bottle, it says it can be used in diffs with our without wet brakes.

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
The big thing for the final drive/rear end oil is that it meets the GL-4 specification for the wet brake to work properly.

As you can see on the bottle pictured it has the API service rating of GL-4 and GL-5

·
Registered
55 Posts
No that would be engine oil. The diff oil is 80w90.
This is for the rear diff with wet brakes, but as you can see right on the bottle, it says it can be used in diffs with our without wet brakes.

Thank you for the clarification.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts