Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the group. I have a 2020 Kodiak 700, and want to change the wheel size on it. it currently has 25 inch tires and I want to go to 28 inch tires. has anyone used spacers or a reference for offset wheels to accommodate the new height? ill also be putting a 2inch lift once I find the proper kit.
thanks,

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
162 Posts
You can run 28’s on the stock wheel, if you can find them. No spacers required unless you go a lot wider.
Spacers will get you some stability back, and a lot dirtier... lol!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can run 28’s on the stock wheel, if you can find them. No spacers required unless you go a lot wider.
Spacers will get you some stability back, and a lot dirtier... lol!
haha I believe it will. where can I find a set reasonable if I need them?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I run 10 wide front & 12 wide 28 inch tires on stock rims with no problems , FYI .

Reactions: Billybob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what tires so u run? looking at the maxxis zillas or the cst wildthangs. also are u running a lift on it?

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
162 Posts
haha I believe it will. where can I find a set reasonable if I need them?
I bought wheel spacers on EBay for ~1/2 the cost of most sites. You need a 4x110 if I remember right.
I did tires through Discount Tire. Finding a 28” for 12” rims will narrow your options. Several brands jump to 14” rims for their 28” tire

·
Registered
315 Posts
what tires so u run? looking at the maxxis zillas or the cst wildthangs. also are u running a lift on it?
I run the cst wild thangs, no lift . Im very happy with them. I did a little write up on them.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've used 1" billet spacers on my 2009 Grizzly for for 6000 miles with great results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts