Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had no luck my first trip out. Saw small spikers that I could have taken, however, only have one tag for mule dear in that region. Gonna save it for the Rut in November. Didn't seem right shooting a buck that was smaller than his mom!

Put lots of Km's on the Kodiak though. Up to 550km's already. I am going back to the Kamloops/Chase area hunting 6-11 Nov. Hoping the Rut has kicked in and the Big Bucks will be "hUNT Struck". lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good luck on your next trip. I assume that you have found that the Kodiak is capable of everything that you need it for. Anything it could do better or that you've noticed it might be lacking in for some?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Game Camera Pics

Well I passed up too many Spiker Mule deer looking for a big 4 pointer, unfortunately I only saw them on my game camera. If I was expected to live off of game meat this year I'd have to become a vegetarian!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breaking the Ice with Quads

I broke through a huge piece of ice with the Kodiak 700, my buddy followed up on a Kodiak 450.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fuji Questions

Fuji I love the Kodiak 700 SE, I bought mine in very late September. Started riding it right away and have put on 920 km in two months. I have beasted it on some rough terrain and it rides like a champ. Great fuel economy and comes just as advertised. The push button 4x4, power steering and diff lock are a must for where I ride, well worth the extra cost.

In regards to what I would change or like to see coming off the dealership floor...LED lights and better stock armor. I ripped two big slashed/ dents in my stock armor and even dinged up a piece of the frame on my quad before I got the Ricochet armor installed!

Overall I am very happy with my decision to buy the Kodiak.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lol, not sure if you should get to close to this one.

And the Kodiak 700 is a beast! Doesn't look like you got stuck at all in that pond.
What's the real world mpg numbers?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pond picture was actually passing over solid ground in about 14-17 " of water. Been through that area many times, the ice was about 3/4 inch thick. was cool breaking / pushing through it.

I bought the two game cameras in a set for $179 Cdn. Good deal. That's about $115 US, they work great. 6 mb , takes video and work well at night too. Lots of different settings, with custom options too.

The cougar was cool to catch on camera. Heard they are good eating. >:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
The pond picture was actually passing over solid ground in about 14-17 " of water. Been through that area many times, the ice was about 3/4 inch thick. was cool breaking / pushing through it.

I bought the two game cameras in a set for $179 Cdn. Good deal. That's about $115 US, they work great. 6 mb , takes video and work well at night too. Lots of different settings, with custom options too.

The cougar was cool to catch on camera. Heard they are good eating. >:)
At that price for that quality it's a steal! That's DSLR (professional camera) quality which with those have you shelling out at least $400-500. Sweet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts