·
Registered
523 Posts
Love the red ..

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

Yes, that red looks very nice and one of the better red ATVs Yamaha has put out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
She sure is purrrty.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Very nice colour! Congrats

·
Registered
361 Posts
I keep coming back to this picture.That is a nice color..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe wrong thread but can I get some guidance on splicing the warn rocker to my on-key wiring?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Maybe wrong thread but can I get some guidance on splicing the warn rocker to my on-key wiring?
I'm guessing here but are you trying to wire in a winch onto your Kodiak?

Here is a thread about installing one on a 2016, I would imagine that yours is quite similar. The key on power is described in post # 7

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didn't see the post linked... thank u though
I'm trying to install the winch rocker switch to the on key or 12 v charger

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
OOp's

·
Registered
361 Posts
OOp's

I read this post again because Im going to hook up the power to my winch tomorrow,ran out of time today.I mounted the contactor on back of my kfi winch plate,there were no holes so had to drill them out.The whole process took alot longer than I thought it would take. All the cables and trigger wires had to be shortened.I dont like a bunch of wires stuffed somewhere..

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Instead of cutting or stuffing wires somewhere you can always fold them back onto themselves and then use a tie wrap to hold them in place.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I love the red as well. Nothing available in the South East, but I lucked upon a trade-in! I'm installing a rear winch soon too.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've always thought I was indecisive.

Until you proclaimed it took you 5 years to figure out what to buy.

I don't feel so indecisive anymore haha, thanks!

Nice machine, and welcome! Did you also start researching what tires you were going to upgrade to 5 years ago? They should always be the #1 "mod" done.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Instead of cutting or stuffing wires somewhere you can always fold them back onto themselves and then use a tie wrap to hold them in place.
Normally I would do exactly what you stated ,but with my baby I want it as good as I can make it. I dont like a bunch of wires somewhere. Its not hard to make everything nice and neat just takes time.Lots of time..

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
766 Posts
I believe you can buy a pigtail to plug into accessory wiring but not sure. My 16 came with one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update - Took me span of two days - but installed VRX and winch mount with rocker switch by my self. Big girl...
I actually ran the rocker hot connection through the 12v on key accessory and not the primary on key itself. Will see how it goes.
I actually left it on gear while turned off (in Low) and somehow drained battery:(. Luckily, I have a backup jump starter and fine. Pictures in morning.
Next comes front plow mount.
BTW - as someone in the Instructional Design Field - WARN has the absolute worst directions I have ever encountered.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
What type of plow and mount did you purchase?

I also agree on Warn's installation instructions. I believe that a 5 year old could do better than they do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts