Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving the group so far stocked with info and got me thinking about upgrades for the 19 I bought last spring, already gathered on 28” zillas on with stock height but now with the snow plow I got on, the smallest curbs hit the plow bar under the quad. Anyone deal with lift brands other than highlifter? I see their reasonably cheap but want quality for my toy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Are you saying your plow mount is hitting curbs on 28's? i have 27" zillas on mine with front mount and no issues. personally, i wouldn't put a lift on the kodiak. The cv joints are already at their limit of angle for problem free use imo. Any more and they'd be going through joints and axles like crazy imo. Anyone i know who's put lifts in their machines has had issuse. Having said this though, it certainly is a case of risk vs reward. Love the stance and Color of that Kodiak btw.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
Welcome to the site.

On my older Kodiak I never had any problems with hitting curbs with the mid mount plow mount and stock tires. I did however kept hitting taller rocks when I was trail riding or playing on the rocks. This is the biggest reason that I went with a front mount on the plow for my 2016.

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
I did however kept hitting taller rocks when I was trail riding or playing on the rocks. This is the biggest reason that I went with a front mount on the plow for my 2016.
Exactly and same here except for my 2014 Grizzly. I do not have to remove my front mount plow attachment to trail ride. With a front mount, you can also raise the plow blade higher than with a mid-mount which was a nice benefit as well.

Reactions: Buckmaster

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Moose RM4 front plow mount on my 2016. I didn't want a piece of metal reducing my ground clearance like a mid-mount does.

Long term- the front mount is the right choice on the Kodiak 700.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
You guys don't worry about tweaking your front end?I just put the mid mount on mine Im only losing a inch of height not that big a deal. The upside is you get great bash plate,you can even bolt 4inch wide steel in the extra bolt holes.Damn near a steel skid plate..
Like I said before Im coming from being a Honda guy.I still have twice the height I used too.lol..

·
Registered
122 Posts
You guys don't worry about tweaking your front end?I just put the mid mount on mine Im only losing a inch of height not that big a deal. The upside is you get great bash plate,you can even bolt 4inch wide steel in the extra bolt holes.Damn near a steel skid plate..
Like I said before Im coming from being a Honda guy.I still have twice the height I used too.lol..
For me: The RM4 mounting plate design transfers force perfectly and no issues have developed in 4 hard seasons of plowing. I push a lot of snow and ram it into the snow piles pretty darn hard. I've even bent my plow blade...but no issues with the mount or ATV frame. The plow "receiver" is totally hidden and nothing extends below the quad. The best part is that the plow blade "mount" removes in seconds leaving only the hidden receiver, then I can go for a trail ride and have full clearance.

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
Same for me, no damage and I'm not worried about damage from my front mount. Although I do try to avoid bashing into solid objects but I would never go back to a mid-mount. I'm using a Cycle Country 60" plow (now Kolpin) and found I get far greater than 1" of height between the front and mid-mount plows where my previous plow was also a Cycle Country but only a 52" width.

·
Registered
373 Posts
A lift is a lift for the most part with these.

Theyre a relocation bracket for the back and spring spacers for the front so the shocks are topped out. Itll ride like crap up front though, suspension needs some sort of sag in it else itll feel "rough" over bumps.

You COULD find longer shocks for the front (while using a bracket for the rear) that would give you lift and retain ride quality.

A more permanent option, which I'm considering myself, is welding extended tabs to the frame/arms to achieve a lift and use factory shocks.. no going back with that method though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you saying your plow mount is hitting curbs on 28's? i have 27" zillas on mine with front mount and no issues. personally, i wouldn't put a lift on the kodiak. The cv joints are already at their limit of angle for problem free use imo. Any more and they'd be going through joints and axles like crazy imo. Anyone i know who's put lifts in their machines has had issuse. Having said this though, it certainly is a case of risk vs reward. Love the stance and Color of that Kodiak btw.
Looks Great!
thank you sir!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts