Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined, figured i would start here. My name is Adam, i am from Saint John, NB, Canada. I bought a 2016 700 Kodiak back in May to upgrade from my 89 Honda trx350d. Very happy with it so far, i stuck a 2" lift on it just for the extra ground clearance, anyway, hopefully any info i may need down the road i can learn here and maybe contribute once i get to know it better. Happy Wheeling.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome Adam.

That's quite the upgrade . . . I thought I made quite the change when I went from a 2001 (or maybe it was a 2000 -- I could never remember) Honda Foreman 450S.

I went on a long ride last Sunday and all I know is that not having a straight axle makes a huge difference in the ride and how I felt the next day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 89 is solid axle front as well, there is 0 suspension movement outside of up and down. I do miss it at speed though, could corner a lot faster without feeling like you're going to die lol. I love the full independent for every other aspect though, actually can keep all 4 wheels planted in places where most of the guys i ride with (all straight axle hondas) are 2 and 3 wheeling, i just get harassed when i get stuck now haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts