Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone picked up my 2020 Kodiak 700 in Ridge Red a few weeks back (last base model they had) haven't really been able to ride due to a rotator cuff surgery but been doing pretty good in the ordering accessories dept. lol. So far picked up a H.F. 3,500lb winch ordered a KFI winch mount to install it,a Tusk wireless hour meter,H.F. lightbar and ordered Rough Country 1"-1.25" universal light bar clamps to install it also two Rough Country 3 or 4 inch recessed led lights that im thinking about mounting in the rear Plano storage box. But mind you i haven't been able to mount anything but the Tusk hour meter as of yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colorado, yes it is have never been there but they offer camping and plenty of trail riding and don't forget about the unexplained lights!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) Brown Mtn is a fun place to ride, I've ridden dual sport bikes there a lot but haven't had a chance to get there on the Kodiak yet. It's only a little over an hour from me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard! :) Brown Mtn is a fun place to ride, I've ridden dual sport bikes there a lot but haven't had a chance to get there on the Kodiak yet. It's only a little over an hour from me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Madmax im only 66 minutes away from me, when i heal up we need to go!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Haven't been on in a bit, would be glad to meet up for a ride! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mr. Exterminator...If you are recovering from rotator cuff surgery you will need to be very careful upon your return to riding. Was your cuff pathology a full thickness tear? If so the current Generation of suture anchors are achieving excellent results. However the RC is responsible for the abduction power and function for the glenohumeral joint. You will need a minimum of 3 months / preferable 4-5 to ensure reduced risk of retear. Your greatest risk is the kickback you experience with large rocks/logs. As your Kodiac is without PS this places you as slightly increased risk. Resisting the torque from the kickback is absorbed by your rotator cuff. You are clearly a tough man. Just be careful because re- repair outcomes are problematic and often disappointing . Ride safe sir. Red.

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry should have said that I have been a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon 1987. Hope you heal up perfectly.

Reactions: Jssrvlz and Rob-c

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry should have said that I have been a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon 1987. Hope you heal up perfectly.
Someday I should tell you of the hardware I'm caring around. There are 45 screws holding various plates and bones in place. I am mostly metal below the waist, lol.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Metal rods in all the wrong places? Hopefully you will not experience the post traumatic osteoarthritis that so often results. We want you to be able to get your leg over the 'SADDLE '. RIDE ON, RIGHT ON! Waiting for the OR to open to plate a humerus fracture right now.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
250 Posts
20200709_141756.jpg
20200709_142622.jpg

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just so you all won't think that I'm full of it this a dynamic compression plating of a mid shaft humerus fracture this afternoon. STG another ATV rollover. Have fun but ride smart. Red

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good work. Glad your aboard.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thank you Brother. Red

1 - 16 of 16 Posts