Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I didn't like the cheap Chinese universal windshield I had installed before. Somebody was selling this Yamaha-specific windshield on Kijiji (the Canadian equivalent of Craigslist, but much better) for $80, so I snapped it up. It was made for an older Kodiak but I made it fit. With the new windshield I didn't want the LED's mounted to it anymore, so I moved them to the front rack. Because I use the front rack for, you know, rack stuff, I didn't want them sticking up and getting in the way. The solution: New mounting tabs on the rack.

First I made the tabs by cutting some 1/8" flat bar and drilling 5/16 holes in it:

Then the rack came off and I welded 'em on:

I first painted the new tabs with rocker guard to match the rack's factory texture, then a light spray of flat black to match the colour (here they are shown with the rack back on the bike:

Then the lights were installed:

And finally the windshield itself was installed. I've got some camo vinyl wrap on order, but for now it's black

Of course while I was under the hood I couldn't leave well enough alone. I have some LED strips, so I mounted a blue one under the hood to make the front "Nostril" glow when the headlight is on. The glow also spills out of the side gills. Looks way cooler than it sounds

·
Registered
23 Posts
You'd be a **** of a neighbour to have

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The LED's are just blue strips I got on Amazon for $4 or so. I stuck them right to the underside of the plastic and wired them into the tail light circuit (so they stay on whether high or low beams are on)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts