Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! Just picked up a 2018 700 EPS leftover stock. Been in the wheeler game for a long time, but switched back to yamaha yesterday. I've done tons of research and almost ended up with a KQ, but the kodiak was too good of a deal to pass up on. I know yamalube is recommended, but what are the thoughts on running amsoil? :smile2:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Once it's broke in, I see no problem with going with amsoil. The way I see it, an atv engine is going to benefit big time with a good synthetic. I use Shelll rotella t6 5w40 synthetic.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm an Amsoil fan for my touring bike, but plan on frequent Yamaha branded oil changes for the quad. The oil in the rear diff gets dirty quickly because of the brakes...just change everything each time.

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Once it's broke in, I see no problem with going with amsoil. The way I see it, an atv engine is going to benefit big time with a good synthetic. I use Shelll rotella t6 5w40 synthetic.
do you use your bike much in the winter? how's that 5w40 doing on a -20 or colder start up?
also, where are you buying it? I'm having a hard time up here in Sudbury. no prob to find rotella 15w40 lol

I know several places around Fredericton that stock all grades, i may have to grab a few gallons this summer when I go back home for a visit

·
Registered
627 Posts
do you use your bike much in the winter? how's that 5w40 doing on a -20 or colder start up?
also, where are you buying it? I'm having a hard time up here in Sudbury. no prob to find rotella 15w40 lol

I know several places around Fredericton that stock all grades, i may have to grab a few gallons this summer when I go back home for a visit
I probably use my bike more in the winter. The 5w40 is doing awesome for me. Starts right up first time. I am getting it at Walmart but I've seen it at some Napa stores. Crappy tire sells it as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts