Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! Just picked up a 2018 700 EPS leftover stock. Been in the wheeler game for a long time, but switched back to yamaha yesterday. I've done tons of research and almost ended up with a KQ, but the kodiak was too good of a deal to pass up on. I know yamalube is recommended, but what are the thoughts on running amsoil? :smile2:

· Super Moderator
1,448 Posts
Once it's broke in, I see no problem with going with amsoil. The way I see it, an atv engine is going to benefit big time with a good synthetic. I use Shelll rotella t6 5w40 synthetic.
do you use your bike much in the winter? how's that 5w40 doing on a -20 or colder start up?
also, where are you buying it? I'm having a hard time up here in Sudbury. no prob to find rotella 15w40 lol

I know several places around Fredericton that stock all grades, i may have to grab a few gallons this summer when I go back home for a visit

· Registered
881 Posts
do you use your bike much in the winter? how's that 5w40 doing on a -20 or colder start up?
also, where are you buying it? I'm having a hard time up here in Sudbury. no prob to find rotella 15w40 lol

I know several places around Fredericton that stock all grades, i may have to grab a few gallons this summer when I go back home for a visit
I probably use my bike more in the winter. The 5w40 is doing awesome for me. Starts right up first time. I am getting it at Walmart but I've seen it at some Napa stores. Crappy tire sells it as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.