Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely love the machine!! Just did the 80 hour service and put som 26/11/12 radial tires on it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
What make of tires did you buy?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Those are one of the many bighorn knock offs on the market. I believe one common theme among the bighorn clones is that they are fairly heavy. Do you notice any power loss?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put 26x9x12 in front and 26x12x12 bighorn originals on. They are very smooth and hooks up great. They are heavy and noticed a performance drop so i tweaked the cluthing. Now it is perfect.
Those tires are sweet, congrats. If you need to change clutching. Use purple spring and 22gr ( total weight and weight housing combined).
Still rides quiet and controlled until you punch it. Feels like two different bikes.lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
I did my 80 hour service this week. What methods are you people using to refill the diffs? My dad had something he fabricated years ago that used a lid with a tube on it that screws onto the oil bottle.

I also bought some Tusk Mud Force tires 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 on stock rims. They look fantastic and ride good too. I was riding with some novice friends this weekend so I couldn't put them through a hard test yet but initially I'm impressed with the side bite when straddling a washout and the turning ability is greatly increased. There's quite a few off camber trails where I ride and I was a little concerned about getting a taller tire but the stiffness of the sidewalls on these new tires made the off camber trails so much more comfortable to ride. I'd recommend a tire upgrade for that reason alone. I had 10 psi in it and will experiment different pressures. 10 seems like it may be too high.

I bought from Rocky Mountain ATV MC (Tusk is their brand) and the tires showed up in two days. I've read where they're fast and I can verify. Wow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts