Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, New here. Been a duel sport motorcycle rider for years. Had ATV’s since 2015 so wife can join me on my excursions. We started with a little Suzuki Ozark 250 and after discovering she enjoyed it quickly advanced to getting her something a bit more comfy in a 2016 Polaris 450HO (she loves it, me not so much. It’s ok just rubs hot has had a few issues and is a PITA to work on)

Fast forward to this year and old injuries are catching up to me and fewer and fewer friends are sticking to bikes. So I made the decision to pick up a ATV for myself to use and see how feasible it was to give up two wheels off road for me. Got a old 05 Bruin 350 4x4 and joined the wife on a trip. Also joined an ATV club and been having a blast, and thought I am sure I will miss the dirt bike I think this is the best option for me going forward.

I found I much preferred that little 350 over the wife’s sportsman as being so light despite its LOW tech it was far more capable when the going got tuff. And it was also a much easier machine to work on and more trust worthy to boot. I also found the clutch engagement far superior to the Polaris and more natural feeling. Lastly the engine braking was the way to go. My only issue was with the small low powered engine the ATV needed a low range at times.

So I listed the Duel sport for sale sold the Bruin (to a friend who also gave up bikes) and just picked up a 2019 Kodiak 700SE. What a machine. Sooo much nicer than the Polaris.

Only had it out for about 60kms so far but have one. More big trip planned for the following weekend up north. This things going be fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome, nice video's. I was hoping to see that nice new Kodiak pull that Can Am out of the mud. Maybe next time
Lol not a kodiak but 7mins in that little Yamaha Bruin 350 tugged that big 1000 OUTLANDER XMR out.

Of course he pulled me out twice that day but still fun to see the little 350 helping out the big guys.
https://youtu.be/BDK_g7Irjzg

·
Registered
355 Posts
awesome upgrade!!! you will be loving that thing. Im at around 350 hours and running strong.

welcome to the site, we will see you around!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts