Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Florida

My fiancee is taking delivery of an 18 base model 700 this upcoming week trying to do some research on tire upgrades.
We were able to talk them into a winch to close the deal. I've been tasked with finding the largest tire size she can fit on the stock clutching and without rubbing, hard to find anything on google so here I am.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Not sure what the biggest tires you can run without rubbing are. Maybe 28"?

I have a buddy that's been running 27" Swamp Lite's on heavy 14" wheels for a few years without any clutch mods on his 700 with zero issues.

Clutch mods aren't necessarly difficult or expensive. Simply adding a 5$ shim to your primary sheave will help compensate for bigger and heavier tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know just trying to grant her wish of only cosmetic mods. We’ve been out of the sport / hobby whatever you want to call it since 2012 finally jumping back in. Thanks for the reply! Not much out there on tire sizes on these things.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've got 27" zilla's on the stock wheels on my 2016 eps. They give me about 12 1/4" ground clearance with no noticed power loss. This is about as extreme as I would go on the stock clutching. Actually, given the short wheelbase and narrow track width on these machines, I wouldn't go any higher than I am now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking Zillas as well pretty lightweight and last darn near forever. It's been about 10 years since I last bought ATV tires are there any vendors you'd recommend? I checked here but couldn't find a list anywhere.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Never had Zillas but for this application they'd be a safe bet.

Discount tires seem to be a popular venue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Was able to talk the dealer into throwing some 27" Zillas in on the deal for hers. It's been a complete mess buying from these guys but the manager is turning out to be awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts