Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 700 EPS last week,only have 7 miles on it so far but this machine is amazing compared to the machines I have ridden before. Looking forward to researching must do mods and other tricks tips and accessories that will make the riding experience even better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the club!
Which mods to get will depend on what you want to do with your Kodiak but once you have an idea of something you want to add you can find information about it in here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. It will be a dual purpose rig earning it's keep doing work around the cabin and a little recreational riding and hunting afterwards. I had them install a winch and make it street legal at the dealer,I picked up the plates today. I just ordered a cargo bag/seat combo as I didn't want a hard box,also ordered a tow strap,rhino grip gun mount,Viair88P compressor and plug kit from amazon. Looking forward to a break in the weather to get some riding in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like a nice rig. Welcome

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is the bag I ordered,most of the ones on Amazon just seemed "flimsy" and this one looks a little more robust. I got it through Walmart as I get an employee discount through my SO :)

I can't post links yet because I am still a newbie...:/

Moose Utility 3505-0213 Ozark Rear Rack Bag - 36in. L x 19in. W x 8in. H - Mossy Oak Break-Up

ETA I have the Autumn Beige/Camo 700 so I think this will look really nice

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I was shopping for a rear cargo I went with a hard box as it seemed the soft ones were hard to clean. I'm sure yours will look great and hopefully it isn't hard to clean.

·
Registered
485 Posts
When I was shopping for a rear cargo I went with a hard box as it seemed the soft ones were hard to clean. I'm sure yours will look great and hopefully it isn't hard to clean.
Hey Colorado, I was wondering how the Kodiak sale and new house shopping were going for you?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Afishyo,
I found a way to temporarily sell my ATV to a family member so I can buy it back from them. I'm scheduled to close on my house as soon as the appraisal is complete. My buddy warned me about appraisers being on their own time schedule and sure enough everything is ready to go except for the appraiser who can't even give us a date for completion.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Afishyo,
I found a way to temporarily sell my ATV to a family member so I can buy it back from them. I'm scheduled to close on my house as soon as the appraisal is complete. My buddy warned me about appraisers being on their own time schedule and sure enough everything is ready to go except for the appraiser who can't even give us a date for completion.
That's great, good to hear you can get it back, I know you put some time and money into it getting it the way you like it and now you won't have to start all over again with another Kodiak. Hope you have good places to ride around your new home.

Reactions: Colorado Kodiak 700

·
Registered
451 Posts
m1awolf, I am a bit careful, but I would hold off on any mods util you get farther into the warranty, Mods might cause the company to complain if you need any warranty work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m1awolf, I am a bit careful, but I would hold off on any mods util you get farther into the warranty, Mods might cause the company to complain if you need any warranty work.

I had not planned on any mods other than accessories until I was out of warranty. I got the bag in yesterday,seems sturdy and well built,it has a support wall of some sort sewn in that will keep it from collapsing. The seat cushion is thick and comfortable,zippers are stout and smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts