Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did many clutch mods but today did a mod 3 sheave on my new 2016 Kodiak .,I had replaced the rollers with Grizzly 18G and secondary to epi purple. Coop got me another new sheave and did his magic. Installed yesterday and put about two hours on it today. Totally different machine , plenty of low to stand it up with the new 27 black diamonds and no loss on top end. I am amazed I've run probably 5 different clutch systems on various machines ( this however being my first Yamaha) the high range is perfect for general riding and low is perfect for crawling. Mid range is very snappy compared to stock mainly the lightened rollers but the initial power and top end is the Mod 3 work . I Was sceptical but glad I did the work and took the plunge. Thanks again for all the great posts to read here and thanks again to Coop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My only complaint with my SE is the weak take off, so what I am reading , if i have the clutch weights changed from stock to the Grizzly stock set up this will change it? I have never even seen the ultramatic , so I really have no idea as to how to change this, I have rebuilt many dirtbike clutches and quads but never a cvt type. Is it difficult to do this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its not that hard at all. There are quite a few youtube video's on servicing Grizzly clutches. Its worth watching if your not familiar with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts