Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the name says I used to have a Can Am as my first ride 15 rs ago and loved it. Sold a few years back and now that I am retired out of the military and had to grow and get a real job I have been paying more attention to how much maintenance I want to do on a quad. Researching out quads from Can Am and their propensity to need lots of maintenance steered my to Yamaha. Currently I own a 2014 Grizzly that is stock with updated tires, winch, and GPS. Found this bike just under $6k with less then 600 miles and under 100hrs plus a repair record at the dealership I bought it at. I follow Yamaha forums because of the useful information found on them and to stay current with what Yamaha is putting out on the trails. I am looking at picking up a second quad and the Kodiak is high on the list. Right now selection of new and used Yamaha's in northern MN are nonexistent so I have been checking out other brands as well. Sure wish Yamaha made a two atv. With my age and riding style there really is no better quad for what I do then a Yamaha so I will be poking around this website for awhile. If anyone lives in northern MN or WI pm me if you want to meet for a ride. Have a good day.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

I have yet to own anything other than a Yamaha. Still young in my journey with the Quads.

Im sure youve noticed, alot of people that are trying to find a very comfortable machine, really like the Kodiak, for the lowered seat height, and the relaxed riding position.

Although these arent 2 seaters, i have personally been on mountain trails probably over 100 hours riding a second person (weighing about 120 lbs) and the machine handled it flawless.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome, keep us posted on your hunt for your kodiak.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome new member.And thank you for your service to our country. My youngest son was with the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg. Airborne Ranger/Sniper tabs and instructor at the Armys sniper school at Ft. Benning. 3 tours with LURS unit. So its not just a 'Bumper Sticker ' to me. Great to have you on board.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry LRS unit

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome. I'll second the fact that despite the kodiak technically being a one up machine, it will have absolutely zero problems acting as a two up.

Good luck in the hunt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm wishes. As far as the 82nd Airborne and jumping out of airplanes, that was not in my DNA. I stuck to fishing vessel exams in Alaska and tow boat exams on the western rivers as my career. Did get dropped by basket in Alaska so I can understand the thrill of being a little crazy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
No less service to Country.. my 'little BOY' did indeed serve in a tip of the spear function. Drove his mother nuts. Glad you are with the forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts