Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2020 kodiak 450 for about 8 months now and been trying to find aftermarket parts like performance chips exhaust and fuel programmers but can’t seem to find much for the 450 a lot for the 700 though! If anyone knows where to find a good selection please let me know would appreciate it very much. Also I was reading about the ATS removal a lot of people where doing why not just move it to a part of the bike that gets cooler air and more would that help you think this is what I did and I swear it help but it might just be in my head.i also drilled into the end of it to reach the wire or seansor whatever it is at the end of it don’t know if that matters either?
Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
373 Posts
All there seems to be for the 450s exhaust wise is an hmf slip on, or a variety of aftermarket tips. I havnt found a full system anywhere.

Attitude industries, dynojet, and a company called magnum tuning appear to offer tuning solutions.

I got my 2020 450 about a month ago. I'm going to use an aftermarket tip made to look more or less factory, and an attitude box to fix the fueling.

Reactions: intheeye07

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All there seems to be for the 450s exhaust wise is an hmf slip on, or a variety of aftermarket tips. I havnt found a full system anywhere.

Attitude industries, dynojet, and a company called magnum tuning appear to offer tuning solutions.

I got my 2020 450 about a month ago. I'm going to use an aftermarket tip made to look more or less factory, and an attitude box to fix the fueling.
Yeah I have the same model and everything you have and want to do almost exactly what you want to do I have a winch and lighting I did away with the bar light and wired the spot lights to that so they would operate on the same switch. I also gutted the stock exhaust and that thing sounds mean that’s why I did what I did with the ATS bc it was bogging down at first hit of the throttle.
Thanks for the info also!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah I saw the magnum also the reviews look pretty good but pricey but that’s probably who I will go with a few months from now along with the new updated series of the swamp series hmf slip on but again will be a few months but when I update I will def post you do the same brotha bc I’m interested in what’s the best route to go or what works good ya know!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah I saw the magnum also the reviews look pretty good but pricey but that’s probably who I will go with a few months from now along with the new updated series of the swamp series hmf slip on but again will be a few months but when I update I will def post you do the same brotha bc I’m interested in what’s the best route to go or what works good ya know!
I'll for sure update when I do some mods. Info for the new 450s is definitely lacking, someone's got to get it out there.

What's the deal with the ATS? I assume it stands for air temp sensor?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll for sure update when I do some mods. Info for the new 450s is definitely lacking, someone's got to get it out there.

What's the deal with the ATS? I assume it stands for air temp sensor?
Yeah that’s what it stands for and they have it routed right beside the exhuast and to the bottom front of the air box From the factory and I thought if it sensed cooler and more air it would might help with the air to fuel ratio it seems to but like I said it might just be in my head since I have no actual proof!

·
Registered
373 Posts
On a car or truck the intake air temp has quite a lot to do with how much spark timing the computer will give you, so the theory certainly makes sense. The question is I guess how far the wheeler computer can adjust for that sort of thing. It only takes a couple degrees of timing to make a big difference in power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok yeah that makes sense now i was thinking if it sensed cooler air and more that it would send a signal to efi to add more fuel was my theory and to me it has made a pretty good difference in throttle response off the line. Thanks for that explanation man that gives me a cpl more ideas. Do u have any idea what the air pressure sensor actually does? I can’t figure out how to put videos up but before I moved the ATS it sounded like it was ticking or the valves needed adjusting bad, now it purs lol seriously though exspeacially with the exhaust gutted, does that make any sense to?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The air pressure sensor is a MAP sensor, MAP stands for manifold absolute pressure. It tells the computer how much fuel it needs to be injecting based on the air pressure in the Intake.

I'd be weary of running your machine too hard with the gutted exhaust and no fuel tuner though.. These rigs run pretty ridiculously lean from the factory thanks to stupid California. Any intake/exhaust mods will just exacerbate the issue.

What fuel are you running? I was relatively sure I asked my dealership what fuel it needed and the salesman told me regular.. But while browsing through my owners manual I noticed it says 91.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I always run 91 or 93 nothing less never. And by gutted all I did was take the peace that is bolted in the end of it (the spark arrester) and cut it off and just put a screen over the inside of the end cap. I have had it like this for about 4 months and haven’t had it but 8 and got close to 500 miles on it and it has ran way better ever since this and doesn’t tick like a time bomb about to blow lol And sounds mean as crap plus I read up on if it would hurt anything and everything I found said it wouldn’t bother a thing so I went for it!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cool man, yeah I bet it sounds miles better than stock lol. The tip im going to buy is pretty much what you made yourself, but the 90° turn down portion is 1.5" rather than the little 1" or whatever it is that the factory put on them. I'm really looking forward to it. I hate riding quiet machines lol.

I'd post a link but I know that some forums are real crazy about linking to products/other pages.. and I don't feel like having my peepee slapped just yet haha.

I'll definitely be filling up with 93 from now on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Damn Blmpkn .. you a way better mechanic than me. Good advice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Stuff like this is my only real passion, has been since I was probably 6 lol. I certainly don't know everything. Engineering is just the absolute coolest thing ever. In another life where I'm way smarter perhaps I'll be an engineer, in this one.. Ill just enjoy racing cars and getting wheelers stuck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool man, yeah I bet it sounds miles better than stock lol. The tip im going to buy is pretty much what you made yourself, but the 90° turn down portion is 1.5" rather than the little 1" or whatever it is that the factory put on them. I'm really looking forward to it. I hate riding quiet machines lol.

I'd post a link but I know that some forums are real crazy about linking to products/other pages.. and I don't feel like having my peepee slapped just yet haha.

I'll definitely be filling up with 93 from now on.
Yeah I have seen those and just the caps also I was thinking of going with just this
but just decided to save the money for a slip on soon and just pretty much have the same thing just doesn’t look as good lol.Heck yeah it does it sounds just as good as those boys with the high dollar can ams with those super traps on um. I wish I could figure out how to post a video I would show you how it sounds. Thanks for all The info and knowledge man it Has opened my eyes to a whole knew world lol. Snorkel kit coming very soon though so I will post that when installed also.
Clutch part Auto part Tool accessory Automotive brake part

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn Blmpkn .. you a way better mechanic than me. Good advice.
He has definitely help me understand some things that’s for sure big help man 👍🏻 Your pretty good urself I have read a lot of the forums and your post and replies very knowledgeable also, keep it up it helps us kodiaks for dummy folks out ha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts