Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone. Sold my 16 grizzly after last deer season to my son in law. Got a new 700 EPS Green Kodiak. Only 5 hours on the clock. I went ahead and change out the tip with the R2. sounds more like it should. Added an EHS tuner, EHS lid and intake. I did the AIS delete. I have also got the grizzly clutch weights but waiting till after the break in oil change to do a couple top speed runs and such to see what was gained or lost with the weights. Looking at bigger tires. Thinking about 27x12 back and 27x10 on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Send some pictures, of your new ride, we like pictures. What tires do you like? Did you have your 2016 tricked out also?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The 16 griz was stock except for 27" rip saws I think. I will do some pics later. Looks stock green. I am really liking the ITP blackwater. I don't do deep mud mostly tight rocky/trees filled hills with some flat dirt roads. Some creeks on our place also. I run with 3 others that all have Grizzlies. I wanted to be different. Glad I did. The Kodiak is a better choice for me/ lighter narrower and same bullet proof 686 motor. With the few few mods Ive done I should be able to surprise my guys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome, nothing more fun than modding a atv.

Reactions: john zane

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other Okies on this forum?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Popping or no popping, 686 or 708 guy’s do it to help them run cooler, AIS is just and emissions thing to make them run leaner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do I need to do a tuner to do AIS delete? Anything else I need to do AIS delete? Where can I find a good write up or a video? Is that something easy to do?

·
Registered
528 Posts
No tuner needed. It is very easy. Here is a video

·
Registered
40 Posts
No tuner needed. It is very easy. Here is a video

Thank you, is it same on 686 motor. Both mine are 2020. Will watch the video and see if I can do it. I am assuming there are no disadvantages to deleting AIS? what should I expect after?
Looks really simple. I guess most difficult part would be to find that orange thing and figure out how to take the plastic off :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
No disadvantages, it should run cooler. 686 should be the same. I used a bolt with a head size the same as the inside diameter of the hose, Pull hose off air box slide Bolt into the hole on air box then slide hose back on, your done. On mine it was the hose on the left front of air box if you were to look down at it while sitting on the quad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts