Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold our two Grizzlies (previous model) and going to buy one new 2018 Kodiak 700. Was leaning towards an SE to get the electric 4x4 and the diff lock, but the SE are not offered in camo. That's why I haven't bought a 2016 or 2017. For me, I don't value the aluminum wheels over the steel wheels. And I'm not sure about the SE painted plastics (scared of scratches). The camo seems to hide scratches and wear and tear the best, but I value locking diff. I also value the electric push button 4x4 and diff lock, but not as much as the camo. I thought about buying and SE and then buying the camo plastics and selling the SE plastics. The price of camo plastics is over $1,000 (minus what I could sell the SE plastics for). For the amount of work to swap out the plastics, I could change out the front diff to a Grabber which is looking like the best solution at this point (buy a Camo EPS and add the grabber)...but I'll be anxious to see what color combos are available for 2018 (such as camo on SE) or better yet, the diff lock and electric-shift 4x4 is available on a non-SE camo EPS.

Either way, will be nice to have an ATV back in the garage. I didn't realize how much I use it around the yard and not just for recreational riding and ice fishing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome. If looking to hide dirt and scratches, you will not be happy with the tactical black SE.
I also went with the SE to get the diff lock, but haven't had to use it yet. I wasn't crazy about having to get one with the EPS, but after having it, I wouldn't be without it. You might be able to get a deal on one of the blue SE models and do a plastic swap. They can't seem to sell the blue ones around here and can't keep the black ones in stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts