Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Bought a new Kodiak 450 in January this year, took about 3-4 months to arrive with the strong demand here at the moment. (Government is bringing in new laws with regards to Roll Bar protection and Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Polaris have all pulled out).
First mod I made was to fit a second heavy duty deep cycle battery ... Why ... I purchased a 4500lb winch (also on back order :-( ).
Some pics for you to enjoy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The battery box looks great..

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome and nice fab on the battery box. So am I reading your post correctly that your government wants roll bars on atv’s ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome and nice fab on the battery box. So am I reading your post correctly that your government wants roll bars on atv’s ?
Yeap. Giant ugly hoop of a bar on the back rack, and iirc there's going to be new track width minimums too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeap. Giant ugly hoop of a bar on the back rack, and iirc there's going to be new track width minimums too.
WTF ….

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes from Oct 11th this year it will become mandatory that all NEW ATVs are equipped with a roll bar.
The New and second had market is really crazy right now with farmers buying up as much stock as they can to avoid the new regulations.
There are lots of articles but here is just one example:
Here is a pic of the ugly thing.. :)
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts