Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is tired of working on his Polaris... and ready for some Japanese reliability. He is looking for a Grizzly and Kodiak 450 pair. Any suggestions on dealers in the Southeast / East coast area? He is in North Carolina. Seems like inventory is at an all-time low, prices at all-time high.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will add... if there is enough savings, we can travel quite a ways. It might pay for a nice vacation! Hahaha!

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
Can't help you on a dealer but I suggest that you do a Google search and check anything that pops up.

As you mentioned the inventories are very low which is keeping the prices high. Next year may be the better time to purchase if he can hold out that long.

Reactions: RedRocket and JD864

·
Grizzled Mod
386 Posts
I will add... if there is enough savings, we can travel quite a ways. It might pay for a nice vacation! Hahaha!
Good road trips are good. (y)

Agree with what Jim is saying. However, I wouldn't give up searching yet. Yamaha's website does allow you to search dealer inventory however the bad part is you need to enter a zip code without the ability of allowing that search to utilize a wider reaching search radius, like 1000 miles or so. Seems the Grizzly/Kodiak 700s are just starting to hit dealer floors now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The dealer search on Yamahas website can be more than a few days out-dated. Found that out while purchasing my kodiak earlier this summer.

I really wouldn't hold your breath on getting a deal either, even when buying a pair. Covids got everything all jacked up, with no inventory and huge demand dealers are definitely getting at least msrp on pretty much everything.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s kinda what I have been seeing. Big volume dealers have no inventory. Small local dealers want full price. It’s not really a buyer’s market right now.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Alcoa good times,
Clinton Hwy Yamaha,
Mountain Motorsports,
Knoxville Tn area
Worth a call

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not sure where he is in NC but I've had great luck with Mountain Motorsports in Greeneville TN.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Drive up to the northeast. My dealers had plenty of inventory lately.. especially compared to earlier this year. Our trails are closing for atvs in a month for snowmobile season, so less wheelers are getting sold while people buy new sleds.

Reactions: JD864
1 - 12 of 12 Posts