Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I purchased a 2018 Kodiak 700 SE. I've used it this winter for ice fishing and will be using it in the fall for hunting. Until that time I'll hopefully be on the trails. Since I bought it I've added some mirrors and the quick release windshield by Yamaha sold here in Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome aboard!
It's cold here, but never cold enough to venture out on the ice... at least not at sea level.
It really is amazing to see all the new SE's on this site.
Looks like Yamaha has produced a very popular model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I really like the SE. I was going to get the camo with EPS but my dealer wasn't expecting one until at least a month so I went with the SE. I don't regret my choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well "sevennine".....Looks like quite cold where U live....In how lows temperatures have U started it?? And have U faced any problems to start it during these low temperaturs??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coldest day I took it out was -18°C (that's when I realized that a windshield would be a great purchase) ...I left it outside for a few hours and it started without any trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Converted to F, that is 0 degrees. I wonder how it would start in that temp if left longer. My old carburated Honda Goldwing left outside started at 19 but wouldn't at 12 degrees, and this was when parked overnight. I leave my Kodiak on a battery tender out in my uninsulated building and it has always started but have never tried it in severe cold.

sevennine, glad to have you on board. I don't read/hear much negative about the Kodiaks but there are some with problems which I think will always happen to anything man makes. So far I have not had one issue with my 16 EPS, knock on wood.

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
Last year after I picked up my Kodiak in January we had a swing of below zero temperatures and I had no problems starting mine even after it had sat for a week or longer.

There were some that would start and die almost immediately but would restart and run alright.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking forward to some trouble free riding. My father-in-law's 2009 Grizzly 550 has been running strong since day one.

I might get the battery tender in the near future, seems like a good investment for the battery.

·
Super Moderator
1,656 Posts
On the battery tender I am a firm believer in them.

Just on a side note I owned a 2000 Kodiak 400 and purchased in in 2000 and sold it in March of 2017. It was still on it's original battery and it was still going strong.

One can only hope to get that kind of life out of a battery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that's great and the fact that it's not very expensive makes it even more appealing.

On the battery tender I am a firm believer in them.

Just on a side note I owned a 2000 Kodiak 400 and purchased in in 2000 and sold it in March of 2017. It was still on it's original battery and it was still going strong.

One can only hope to get that kind of life out of a battery.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes that one will work but I have the base model without the head light on the handle bars and I thought it would look strange because of the light opening in it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts