Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my machine had to go back to the dealer. I was just standing next to the bike and pushing down on the rear end and noticed the lower shock bolt was loose,saw the washer moving around.Both lower shock bolts were never torqued down.They seemed to be the only ones.I called the dealer and asked what they wanted to do and they sent a truck right out and picked it up.I figure while its there go ahead and do first service even though it has only maybe forty miles.I cant remember who asked but it is a 2021 I have the paperwork with the vin number..

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hope they do a complete check up on the machine, and you might ask them to cover your first maintenance, this is an embarrassing situation for you and should be for them. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It was nice they imediately offered to pick it up.... Too many dealers just blow off customers who just paid 8-12K $ on a new machine with BS issues

·
Registered
420 Posts
When I took my 450 home and rode for the first time I noticed a mechanical clunk primarily on turning to the left. The right rear wheel was loose with only 2 of the 4 lugs on the rim. If I had been running at speed who knows what happens. Mechanic is bragging how he got laid the previous night and fails to torque one of the 4. It's hard to find good help. Trust no incompletely.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Sounds like the mechanic was thinking of a different type of torque.

And I was mad when I found a couple of stripped lugs on the wheels.

Reactions: RED KED HUSKER

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I was twenty years younger I would be mad now ,eh.What can you do,people screw up. I am an expert at screwing something up,Ive been doing it my whole life.
I asked the driver about who put these machine's together and he said they come completely assembled.Maybe I should of waited till after this China virus was over and everything back to normal before I purchased one.People's mind's are somewhere else.I can't complain (YET)..

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a good question,about the dealer prep.Im going to look at the paperwork my wife signed.We got it in delaware so there was no sales tax or other state add ons.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
While I haven't seen one come out of the box I have seen the boxes that they come in and there is some minor assembly that needs to be done. At least the tires and perhaps the handle bars. And they may come to the dealer dry with no fluids in them.

But some loose shock bolts should of been caught when they inspected it

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too Had Rear Shock lower Bolts loose on My 2020 Kodiak EPS SE
Tighten them up and started checking every nut and bolt on the machine.... found no other problems.
But to me that was normal as my old motocross bikes were always needing assembly touch ups and Locktight !!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted it to go back so they can check EVERYTHING.If they miss the obvious ones who knows what they missed.But considering whats going on maybe there short handed.Im just nervous because its brand new.This is my first belt driven atv being Ive only owned Hondas.The shop has free pick up and delivery so if any I mean any oddities show up.....it's going back..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well my machine had to go back to the dealer. I was just standing next to the bike and pushing down on the rear end and noticed the lower shock bolt was loose,saw the washer moving around.Both lower shock bolts were never torqued down.They seemed to be the only ones.I called the dealer and asked what they wanted to do and they sent a truck right out and picked it up.I figure while its there go ahead and do first service even though it has only maybe forty miles.I cant remember who asked but it is a 2021 I have the paperwork with the vin number..
So you couldn't tighten a coupler nuts yourself, that's funny..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is brand new if those easy nuts were loose, what else did they miss.
Smart ***, now thats funny..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts