Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased new 2018 Kodiak 700. Only have an hour on it. Does anyone know about the air filter problem and if it was fixed on the 2018 model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To my knowledge its an ongoing issue but, there is a fix that some have done. You will need a 1 1/4 pvc connector and a napa gold 6449 filter, as stated in other posts
Im waiting for a 19 with a fix:nerd:

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
I doubt that Yamaha will fix it since they don't believe that anything is broke.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just purchased new 2018 Kodiak 700. Only have an hour on it. Does anyone know about the air filter problem and if it was fixed on the 2018 model.
I'm new to Yamaha Kodiak ownership and own a 2018 Kodiak 450 and 700. I'm not familiar with the air filter issue, is there something I should be looking for or upgrading? Thanks for the info :wink2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just checked my OEM air filter set up yesterday . . . well oiled and it looks good inside the air box. Of course it helps that on Club rides I'm often leading as the trip leader/Club President (sometimes it's good to be in the lead.)

·
Registered
342 Posts
The filter issue is present on the 2018's.
I changed mine out with a Unifilter EHS Racing kit.
Some of the guys here have done a homeade mod, and it may work well...just haven't seen it firsthand.
Unimod is safer than K&N style for dust IMO.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts