Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone. I just bought 2016 700 in September and I am having a blast with it. Already put a bag on the back, winch, front rack add-on. Just bought some 26?" tires and looking for a set of rims. I am just trying to find out what size rims I can put on the front. I was reading about the 5+2 stuff and I understand what everyone is talking about. Just looking to see what others have done. If you guys can tell me what a factory wheel spec is I would appreciate it. Thanks again, Phil

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I do know that my factory wheels are 6.5"x12" in front and 7.5"x12" in the rear but the offset or backspacing I am not sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I think I have it all figured out today. Ordered my rims and they should be here by Tuesday and the tires by Wednesday.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
142 Posts
Hello everyone! I am one of many waiting on my Kodiak to come in to my local dealer, I have ordered a 2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE in the orange, there has not been an orange one in my area but there have been a handful of orange Viking's and Grizzly's so I am excited to get my Kodiak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone! I am one of many waiting on my Kodiak to come in to my local dealer, I have ordered a 2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE in the orange, there has not been an orange one in my area but there have been a handful of orange Viking's and Grizzly's so I am excited to get my Kodiak.
I just bought the new Orange/Grey 2021 with the matching grey Yamaha windshield. Beautiful machine.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
142 Posts
I just bought the new Orange/Grey 2021 with the matching grey Yamaha windshield. Beautiful machine.
Congrats on the new Kodiak! Hopefully I will hear from my Yamaha dealer soon for mine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice rims kokopelii, I like em . How about some photos all mounted up .

·
Registered
410 Posts
My records are a 5/2 offset stock. The ITP Delta steel wheels in 7x12 are a 4/3 offset
That effectively laterally places the tire to the hub. Also placed 1in spacers on the front .love the improved stability and lessened understeer. Need for lateral stability on off camber slope and lower center of gravity kept me on stock tire sizes. Each person's riding style, terrain and work needs dictates the way we each modify or rides. Increased front track 3in. Welcome to the forums

Reactions: 8821

·
Registered
101 Posts
Super nice looking combo on there, goes really good with the Kodiak's color.

Steve......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts