Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!!!
I purchased my first ATV (2019 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS) in April 2019.
So far I'm loving this thing. I ride it as often as I can and I have about 450 miles on it already. Woohoo!!!
I like to ride on the sporty side on some of the 50" trails in Colorado. I ride by myself sometimes and with a friend when I can.

I have a Youtube channel under Colorado Kodiak 700 but I can't post a link to it yet.

I look forward to discussing the Yamaha Kodiak 700 and other atv related topics with you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh yeah there’s plenty of mud to get into down here. Im used to trail riding I moved here from Colorado last year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome from upstate ny

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
111 Posts
It has definitely taken some getting used to. It’s just an a lot slower way of life down here. There is some good riding but I miss the wide open feeling of the western states.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I bought a completely different quad 😂. In Co I road a 07 Honda Rancher 420 2x4 with Maxxis bighorns. I got by on it though. When I came down to Alabama it was really struggling to get through the mud and clay. So I bought a Kodiak 700 EPS SE.

The previous owner had 14” rims and 28” mega mayhems tires on it. I like to do more trail riding then deep mudding. I switch back to the SE rims and got a set of Maxxis bighorn 2.0 and couldn’t be happier.

I really like the Bighorn 2.0 tires in Co and AL they are a good ride on the trails and have enough bite in the mud.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am really enjoying my Kodiak. I try to ride it as much as possible and when I'm not riding I'm thinking about it. Sounds like love, I know.
I've got 533 miles on it right now. I would have more but my body starts really fatiguing after about 45-50 miles (4-5 hours). I'm working out and getting myself in better shape just so I can ride longer.

Is there a name for what ails me? ATVitis or something like that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you! Fraser, CO, right next to Winterpark has got to be an amazing place to live. Where do you like to ride your two?
So far, we have just been riding them around the forest service roads to get our teenagers some practice. Corona pass is accessible from our place, so we will be doing a lot of rides up there this year.

May do some riding in Rampart or 717 sometime this summer as well.

The majority of hours put on both machines has been hauling wood on our property

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you! Fraser, CO, right next to Winterpark has got to be an amazing place to live. Where do you like to ride your two?
Our place has a gate that opens up to the forest service road that leads to Corona Pass. Favorite place to go in the area is Willow Creek/Gould areas. Usually am on two wheels when I go there though. An awesome one for you to check out is Illinois Pass.

If you have the time, the best rides are around the Alpine Loop area.

Mostly just using the quads for clearing wood on the property, and taking our kids and guests out for rides when they visit.

Would love to take the ATVs out to Stillwater/willow creek/Gould areas some time, but my kids just aren’t at that level yet. So maybe I will do it solo.

Can also check out Colorado ATV Facebook groups for more group rides

1 - 20 of 22 Posts