Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I got my first ATV, a new 2018 Kodiak 450 EPS during Christmas of 2018 and I've just now wondered what resources are available to me. I found this forum and read a few posts. I like what I see!

I know this is a website for the 700's but hopefully, someday, this website could include our little version of Kodiak's 450 in their own dedicated forum.

Thanks for having me!

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
Welcome!

I wouldn't say this is a forum dedicated for 700s although a majority of the members do own 700s. And with me, I don't own a Kodiak but the Kodiak and Grizzly are so closely related, sharing many, many parts. Add that many 700 owners also previously had, or still have a 450 so you will find useful knowledge on here as well... may just take patience at times if you're looking for some specific 450 help. Again, welcome and enjoy the site. This is a great, friendly community where everyone enjoys helping each other and sharing in ride adventures with pictures! It does not matter that you have a Kodiak 450.

Reactions: FacetiousKC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

I wouldn't say this is a forum dedicated for 700s although a majority of the members do own 700s
Thanks @RedRocket

Your signature is overwhelming to me! That's a lot of upgrades! I may have to research most of what you've listed. I didn't know there were that many options. Thanks again!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome! Nobodys gonna be mad if you post something in the wrong area. People are pretty relaxed around here

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome to the Kodiak forum. You can do some of the same simple inexpensive mods We do on the 700’s to your 450 to gain some performance.

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I believe that the admins are looking at placing a 450 forum on here. We have a number of members that now own the newer 450's and it would be nice to have a home of their own.

But other than that feel free to ask questions about yours and while they are different machines in a few ways we are glad to help if we can.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome, the 450 is a great machine to have. I still have a 01 -400 and 03 -450 that my boys ride now. If your looking to mod yours a great starting point is shims and a secondary spring for your CVT and of courses tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I had not thought about upgrading my quad as I am already impressed with it. But now I wonder what my options are?!?!? :D I'll search in the forums to see what I can learn.

·
Super Moderator
1,227 Posts
Usually upgrading and modding your quad is personal choice.

I have had mine for a little over 3 yeas now and really haven't done anything on the power or performance side. But then I am a older rider that very seldom gets it over 20 mph and like to keep it nice and clean and out of the mud.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Recently acquired a base Kodiac 450 for my daughter to ride/grandson to learn on. Very capable machine..criticized for its power. This is due to the clutch and designed for soft engagement. Proper for work/hunting. Goes plenty fast. Rated to pull 1332 lbs. Same as the Grizz. Will pull all you need in 4× low. Just not a screamer in straight line. However the 450 is so smooth and refined that I sold my Sportsman 450 h.o. Which was a workhorse but such a crude drivetrain. Just took delivery on a Kodiac 700. Wow..I am still glad I got the 450 for the reasons above. However if I was limited to one I would absolutely pick the 700. Just a different level of response and power. IMHO the clutch weights do not need to be changed..we are not motocross racing right? Love the Kodiacs enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Recently acquired a base Kodiac 450 for my daughter to ride/grandson to learn on. Very capable machine..criticized for its power. This is due to the clutch and designed for soft engagement. Proper for work/hunting. Goes plenty fast. Rated to pull 1332 lbs. Same as the Grizz. Will pull all you need in 4× low. Just not a screamer in straight line. However the 450 is so smooth and refined that I sold my Sportsman 450 h.o. Which was a workhorse but such a crude drivetrain. Just took delivery on a Kodiac 700. Wow..I am still glad I got the 450 for the reasons above. However if I was limited to one I would absolutely pick the 700. Just a different level of response and power. IMHO the clutch weights do not need to be changed..we are not motocross racing right? Love the Kodiacs enjoy yourself.
Awesome feedback Red Ked Husker! Thanks! I am sure my next quad would be bigger. I didn't think I'd enjoy a quad so much. I used to have a KTM 525, more zip but a different kind of fun!

·
Registered
221 Posts
KTM 525 WOW! Seriously powerful machine. I started on a lowly Suzuki TM 125. Got the 2nd Honda Elsinore 125 in the state of Nebraska. Wanted a Maico 250. Best bike ever got to RACE , unfortunately as a poor boy I could not afford such a ride at the time
You had a monster ride. AIN'T this fun!

·
Registered
221 Posts
As an old dirt bike/ amateur MX racer I also am surprised at how much I enjoy the ' Quad Way' but the riding enjoyment combined with the practical functional abilities of the modern quads is nothing short of amazing. Puts a smile on my face, not as good as the grandkids but a big smile non the less. Isn't that why we work hard for it. Ride smart. Red

1 - 13 of 13 Posts