Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My OE skids were getting a bit beat up, and really don't protect very much (if anything), so saw Iron Baltic was have a sale on their plastic set so figured I give them a try. Had them in my garage within 5 days after ordering.

After some head scratching, decided to stand the Kodiak up on the rear rack to do the install. Old skids came off easy enough and the install for the new IB skids took me a couple hours solo. The rear A-Arm skids were easier to install with the ATV back level with the rear tire removed. Everything matched up well and the instructions (while pretty basic) were easy to follow and all the parts came bagged and marked well.

Definitely an upgrade of the OE plastics, and only add a total of about 30 lbs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wood Font Pattern Electric blue Rectangle

Azure Rectangle Wood Composite material Gas

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
664 Posts
Nice pics and description! I really like them on my Kodiak. After this weekend’s ride at Windrock, I’m thinking about getting them for the Grizzly too. Nice product, good quality.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My OE skids were getting a bit beat up, and really don't protect very much (if anything), so saw Iron Baltic was have a sale on their plastic set so figured I give them a try. Had them in my garage within 5 days after ordering.

After some head scratching, decided to stand the Kodiak up on the rear rack to do the install. Old skids came off easy enough and the install for the new IB skids took me a couple hours solo. The rear A-Arm skids were easier to install with the ATV back level with the rear tire removed. Everything matched up well and the instructions (while pretty basic) were easy to follow and all the parts came bagged and marked well.

Definitely an upgrade of the OE plastics, and only add a total of about 30 lbs. View attachment 11747
View attachment 11746
View attachment 11745
View attachment 11744
How much were they, and what website did you get them from?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had mine for almost 3 years now and love them, they are tough and durable. I have had to replace two pieces from the desert rock i slam into from time to time and the help line and customer service is also great... Put a set on my daughters CF moto also, they don't get beat up like mine.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had mine for almost 3 years now and love them, they are tough and durable. I have had to replace two pieces from the desert rock i slam into from time to time and the help line and customer service is also great... Put a set on my daughters CF moto also, they don't get beat up like mine. View attachment 11759 View attachment 11760
Do they have any kind of warranty on them like most of the aluminum ones or when you broke your 2 pieces you had to pay for them? I'm on the fence between these and the Perfex Aluminum skids.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do they have any kind of warranty on them like most of the aluminum ones or when you broke your 2 pieces you had to pay for them? I'm on the fence between these and the Perfex Aluminum skids.
[/QUO
I bought my two new pieces as they were more than two years old at the time and it was from rock impacts. The pieces were stil in place and protecting but another impact in the same place would have done them in completly..
I like these much more than the aluminum one I've had in the past...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts