Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum, I have a 2017 700 . I'm having starting problems thought i may be able to get some help here. thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome to KO. I too have a 2017 700. Tell us your starting problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just checked voltage to starter, i only have 6 volts at starter.I'm not a mechanic but i followed the positive feed from battery,it goes to i'm assuming a voltage regulator. there are two terminals there , i checked voltage at the out post to the starter and found 7 volts leaving this regulator. i checked the 2 15 amp fuses at this point and they seem to be ok. i noticed some type of fuse to the rear of the regulator (i'm calling it the regulator but not sure as i just came in from the garage and didn't have a chance to go online and get a electrical schematic of this unit).Looks like i need to replace this regulator. Am i on the right track? thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have never had to check voltage at starter but I I think you need 12v there not 6v. Here is a picture of the schematic for the starting system. What is the voltage of your battery? Does it crank the engine over? What happens when you push starter button?
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
The OP started another thread on his problems

·
Registered
530 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts