Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just checked voltage to starter, i only have 6 volts at starter.I'm not a mechanic but i followed the positive feed from battery,it goes to i'm assuming a voltage regulator. there are two terminals there , i checked voltage at the out post to the starter and found 7 volts leaving this regulator. i checked the 2 15 amp fuses at this point and they seem to be ok. i noticed some type of fuse to the rear of the regulator (i'm calling it the regulator but not sure as i just came in from the garage and didn't have a chance to go online and get a electrical schematic of this unit).Looks like i need to replace this regulator. Am i on the right track? thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have never had to check voltage at starter but I I think you need 12v there not 6v. Here is a picture of the schematic for the starting system. What is the voltage of your battery? Does it crank the engine over? What happens when you push starter button?
Text Diagram Font Design Paper

·
Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
2,140 Posts
The OP started another thread on his problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.