Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Well I went from 4 wheelers to SXS's about 12 years ago. Started out with the Rhino 660,then went to RZR 800s. Sold both, got tired of getting stuck between trees. Now looking to buy the 700 Kodiak eps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never had a SxS, never got turned on to them because to me it's the same as driving through a trail. That's why I went with the quad! I feel like riding around with handle bars and being able to stand and whip the thing around corners a way better experience than just sitting and driving through it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went the other way, traded my 2016 Kodiak in on a Maverick 1000 XXC. I loved the Kodiak to death, but a wrist injury makes my hand go numb when trying to work the throttle so I needed a steering wheel. My father bought an Arctic Cat Wildcat Trail that is 50" wide, and so far I've been able to stuff my 64" wide Maverick through every trail that his Wildcat has been through, only I have more clearance and can go through deeper water. Snorkels being made up this winter, so even deeper water next year.

That being said, you can't go wrong with a Kodiak. By far the most bike for the money out there, and even though you'll read about some issues people have had with them (myself included) they are generally more reliable than just about anything else, too. In fact, had the YXZ1000 been on the market long enough to be showing up used for reasonable prices I'd have stuck with Yamaha instead of going to Can-Am. In a few years when I've ridden the Maverick into the ground I'll probably do just that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts