Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to go with my new Kodiak :smile2:

Just bought a 2020 Kodiak EPS Se in Tactical Black, pick it up this weekend and hope to break it in ASAP.

Was a tough choice buying this, as coming from a very Honda-centric family. Currently have a '88 Fourtrax TRX 300 that was bought new and still running strong, also previously had a Foreman 400 and a Rincon 650. But with Honda not really keeping up with comparable new machines (and being overpriced) and with the 10-yr Yamaha belt warranty and having a '12 Super Tenere that has been mechanically flawless the past 7 years it was time to give a Yamaha ATV a try!

This ATV will be mostly used in the Adirondacks with an occasional trip home in PA (probably AOAA). Mostly utility work at the Camp, with a lot of trail running and rock crawling. If this Kodiak holds up hoping to add a 2nd machine next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's a beautiful new Kodiak, I'm sure you will be well pleased with it. I also have a 2001 Foreman Rubicon but I love my Kodiak a lot more. I have owned more Yamaha's than Honda's and have always like the Yamaha's above the Honda's in all areas. They have always been just as or more reliable and durable with a better ride.
Welcome to the Forum, and keep us updated.

Reactions: JKinPA

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome, I am in the southern tier of ny ( Corning area) we have rode aoaa twice now and love it.. enjoy the new machine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
beautiful machine. you will love it on the rocks, 4 low is so smooth like a tractor. 4 high will pull just about anything too.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, I am in the southern tier of ny ( Corning area) we have rode aoaa twice now and love it.. enjoy the new machine.
Cool! Have not "Officially" been to AOAA but have run the trails around there for years prior to it being turned into an official managed Park. Have a friend who owns Rausch Creek ORP, but against many years of hassling him they don't allow ATV's for "Insurance" reasons :(

We have had a family Camp up near Gore Mt., and my daughter now works for Hobart/William Smith Colleges and recently moved to Geneva. That area is 'Finger Lakes' but also 'Southern Tier'? Have never been able to figure out the whole NY Regions thing :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts