Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Friday still in crate, wrapper off. dealer is assembling as I type :smile2:
New to site, just signed on this morning to read up on mods I will be doing.
have been riding a 2000 400 Big Bear for 15 yrs and has many mods. Big Bear will be retired to yard work bike and occasional 2nd ride when needed. still works great and reliable.
Time to start all over again with all the new mods. lol.
will post pics of both when Kodiak gets home. have to give them time to meet and settle down, the bear getting old and don't know how he will react when the young Kodiak shows up.... :wink2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forums ! Definitely a great place to look for mod ideas and DIYs and even parts for sale. Can't wait to see pictures and your progress !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congrats on your new Kodiak. I'm sure the two bears will get along just fine and maybe the old one will pass on some accessories to the incoming trail raider.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congrats on getting a Kodiak.

Can't wait to see pictures and even video's of it, especially that sort of content of it out in the wild where it belongs :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now in process of building custom front bumper. We will get turbo's opinion and post the results later. tubing is bent and metal bare, weld it up tomorrow night. me buddy has a tubing bender and tig welder :smile2: but it seems to be costing me a lot of beer.... lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Beer is a fine trade off when you can enjoy as well ;)

Get enough down and you forget how much you've bought anyways lol :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh he has gone with me on back of big bear. all I have to say is lets go for a ride and hes up in the back seat waiting to go lol. Need to buy a seat for the Kodiak yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
oh he has gone with me on back of big bear. all I have to say is lets go for a ride and hes up in the back seat waiting to go lol. Need to buy a seat for the Kodiak yet.
LOL. Mans best friend knows best.

If you had a cat... chances are you'll wake up to flat tires

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now in process of building custom front bumper. We will get turbo's opinion and post the results later. tubing is bent and metal bare, weld it up tomorrow night. me buddy has a tubing bender and tig welder :smile2: but it seems to be costing me a lot of beer.... lol
Man, I wish i had access to a tubing bender and tig, wanting to build one of these for the back of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will post pics of bumper when back on the bike. its painted but not sprayed with box liner yet. its been extremely humid here. painted bumper 4 days ago and paint still not dry enough ... grrr ... its driving me crazy this lil project has stretched out way to long....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok finally finished bumper and on bike the other day. new column and pics in the "what u did to ur Kodiak" section

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still couldn't sand it on day 4. paint still balled up on sand paper. day 6 I was able to sand and spray with box liner. I even had it sitting in front of a dehumidifier over nite around day3 but stunk house up so bad with paint fumes had to take it back to garage lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts