Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
If I can ask, what was the cost? What did they say about the engine? Any other changes from the 18?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new kodiak!

Nice quad!
Looks like they added EPS to the base unit.
Congrats!
Don't think that's a base model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I can ask, what was the cost? What did they say about the engine? Any other changes from the 18?
New engine this year, its now a 686. Mid range power is supposed to be better. Engine mounts are redesigned in 19. New instrument cluster. Improved fuel economy. Increase in ground clearance 11.3" now. With all the upgrades, I decided to pull the trigger on one. $7900 out door, farm use, no tax:laugh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I would regret buying a Kodiak, I ordered a Grizzly, the dumb *** got the SE Kodiak . So I went for it, never regretted it a bit, We ride fast, and my kodiak sits lower so I can go faster, and fly around turns. I did change the shocks, with Elka stage 3 and it lowered it some more, but it handles WAY better! Enjoy your new Yak!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I thought I would regret buying a Kodiak, I ordered a Grizzly, the dumb *** got the SE Kodiak . So I went for it, never regretted it a bit, We ride fast, and my kodiak sits lower so I can go faster, and fly around turns. I did change the shocks, with Elka stage 3 and it lowered it some more, but it handles WAY better! Enjoy your new Yak!
I was considering the Elka shocks (long term plan).
Are they shorter because of soft springs?
Is the stance shorter when no one is on it?
If the preload hasn't taken all the slack up when the bikes at rest then that would make it shorter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also have a 700 SE and ride the trails hard, I did change out the clutch weights for the Grizzly 18 gr weights and it performs much better for my kind of riding.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts