Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just purchased a new 2018 Kodiak 700 for the farm wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on an hourmeter for maintenance thanks for your suggestions and support

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello everyone just purchased a new 2018 Kodiak 700 for the farm wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on an hourmeter for maintenance thanks for your suggestions and support
I purchased a (Hardline) You can mount it anywhere,and wrapping a wire around the spark plug wire is all that is required. It's been great.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Hour meters are simple. You can find ones that simply connect into a hot key on wire to register the time ran.

How much you want to spend on one depends on you. You can mount one in the battery area where it is out of the way.

Amazon would be a good source to find one, just do a search for hour meter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Enjoy your new Kodiak!

I bought YAMAHA hours meters and installed them on the panel between the handlebars. I paid too much for them but they do a great job and also show RPM's. There are much cheaper hours meters and if I had to do it again I would get the aftermarket speedometer with hours/odometer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a 2018 Kodiak 700 in March and it has an hour meter built into the cluster. I have the upgraded gray with aluminum rims and power steering, don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,247 Posts
If he just purchased the base model then there is no hour meter and no gauge cluster.

I still can't believe that Yamaha is putting these machines out without at least a basic hour meter but they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts