Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 with upgrades.
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone how anything about this Neutral switch and what it controls? I discovered today a varmint chewed thru the wires going to this switch. The Park indicator light hasn't worked since I got this two weeks ago and I'm sure that's why but does it control anything else. It has 4 wires going to it.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive exterior

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the Neutral Switch and I discovered yesterday it's important for proper operation. If I start it in gear when I push the brake pedal it will run fine in that gear but if I stop and change to a different gear it will not accelerate at all. Acts like it's on a rev limit. To fix it you have to turn off the key switch, and restart in the gear you want to be going in. Then it's fine again till making a gear change. It will only start by pushing down the brake pedal or pulling the left brake handle.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New switch installed and park light works again. I'll test drive it in the morning.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Wood Automotive wheel system

Light Wood Gas Engineering Terrestrial plant

Reactions: JimP and fossil
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.