Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a new boss 5 foot snowplow for my kodiak 700 se. Before purchase I asked the dealership if it would be too heavy and they assured me it wouldn't. I just picked up the plow and 4wheeler from dealership and the plow is maybe 1 inch off the ground. The smallest rock makes it scrape. I am going to have to do something but am unsure of what?! Stiffer suspension? Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a mid mount. Ya it weighs 190 lbs but if it was too heavy they shouldn't of even let me get that one. I went asking what would work and they told me this would. Now it looks like if I want to use it im going to have to beef up the suspension. I was hoping someone would be more mechanically inclined and could tell me if this was going to work or not. If not I'm going to have to flip on dealership to take back because it would be a very expensive paper weight otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
The front suspension will handle 190 lbs with no problem. When you have it lifted with the winch take a look at it and see if it is hitting anything. I am supposing that you are lifting it with the winch.

Also a link to it might help but how does the winch line run? Does it go from the winch down to the plow mount and then back up through a pulley attachment to above the winch or just down to the plow mount?

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
I just looked at the Boss web site and they recommend a poly blade and not the V blade but the Kodiak should still handle it.

It also indicated that it is a hydrolic lift for the blade, is that right?

Something doesn't sound right with the installation. On my Warn ProVantage plow on my Kodiak I can get it up as high as the front mount is which is close to a foot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its all hydraulic, I could possibly switch to a front mount but I feel like it might be even worse then because all that weight wouldn't be evenly distributed like it is. Feel like it almost might make it tilt much worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you guys for the info, i really appreciate it. I decided to do a couple of things to ensure that ill be able to use the plow. I ordered new front/back suspension from highlifter that will help to be able to carry all the weight, 2in lift, and 27 inch tires, so with everything combined there shouldn't be any reason that I'm unable to use the new Boss plow. Apparently when Boss was making their plows they partnered with high lifter to develop a suspension that would be able to handle all the extra weight. Boss assured me that the suspension was all I needed to do but I went ahead put the lift and bigger tires on their so hopefully when it does snow and I'm plowing there won't be any kind of problem, won't have any trouble trying to unload or any of that. I dropped my kodiak off on Friday at the local yamaha dealership, so it should be ready by end of day Monday. So hopefully ill know by monday night whether all this is going to work or not?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts