Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I know this is a Kodiak forum, but let's be honest Grizzlys and Kodiaks share 90% + of their genetics.

Currently my much beloved 09 550 Grizz has 13 500 kms 610 hrs and still runs as good as new. How do I know it runs as good as new? Cause I've been jumping back and forth between it and my new baby. 2019 Grizzly 700 SE /LE with 1200 kms and 60 hrs

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Vincent, thanks for the info, everything you add to the forum is always interesting and insightful. I have a 91 Honda Fourtrax 300, that I use about 4 times a year and it also never lets me down.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice....so I know the 550 has cvt mods , so how do they compare to each other ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice, I see you put the 14" wheels on the 550, selling it that way?;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switched my machined sheave from the 550 to the 700.

Stock ratio was 2.45:1
I'm @ 3:1 now with a 0.5mm shim.

Holly Crap these new 686s RIP!!!!

On pavement in High, the front wheels come right off the ground with No effort other then throttle !

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
No belt rub at 3.1:1?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, I see you put the 14" wheels on the 550, selling it that way?;)
Lol
No they will be sold separately. It was just more convinent at the time to take off a tire and replace a tire kinda thing....

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nice machine. Might trade mine in on a new machine this fall. Then again, I might just keep it and pick up a 450 for the wife. Undecided. Had big plans for this year but covid kind of threw a wrench into those plans.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice machine. Might trade mine in on a new machine this fall. Then again, I might just keep it and pick up a 450 for the wife. Undecided. Had big plans for this year but covid kind of threw a wrench into those plans.
Why trade in your machine?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice machine Vincent. I know you will end up putting that thing through some crazy stuff

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Got ya. Yes I avoided the 708s to. Hence why I baught a used 2019, because you know..... And yes diff lock is awesome...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts