Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 700 Raceline wheels and 26s - ‘19 450 1.5” lift, 27s, Warn VRX, Monster CVs - ‘18 450 Stock
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Fairly new member here. I just thought I would give an update on the Kodiaks. I have an 18 and 19 450s, and I just got a 21 700. All base models. The 18 is 100% stock. The 19 has a 1.5” high lifter lift (which I would not buy again), 27” mudlites and some itp wheels. I also dielectric greased every connection and have a snorkel kit that I still need to install. I also put on Monster rear CV axles. The factory ones didn’t like my lift and tire set up. These new ones are beefy!! Hopefully hold up to the crazy angle they are at. I just put new wheels and tires on the 700 today. I had purchased some bronze wheels used but “excellent”. Well, they showed up not excellent lol. So I stopped at a local shop and just bought another set I like even better. I’m gonna sell the bronze ones. The tires I went with on the new wheels is 26” EFX Motoforce. I haven’t ridden em yet so time will tell. Anyway, that’s what’s going on with my fleet at the moment. Here are some pics….

·
Registered
‘21 700 Raceline wheels and 26s - ‘19 450 1.5” lift, 27s, Warn VRX, Monster CVs - ‘18 450 Stock
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice machines!

are you selling those stock rims and tires?
The ones off the 450 I am. I’m gonna keep the other set for backup I guess. They are the same sizes so I guess it doesn’t matter which I keep I guess

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need some input. I just installed my light bar. I wired it with the supplied Rough Country harness. So, it isn’t tapped into the key which means the stupid off light in the switch is always on. Annoying. Do I wire it to the key? Or is the little red light not enough to drain the battery? I assume it would after weeks but if it sits I can unplug the switch from the rest of the harness under the seat. Opinions?
Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
I like everything that draws power to be controlled by the key on power. It just gives me piece of mind

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like everything that draws power to be controlled by the key on power. It just gives me piece of mind

My thoughts also. Was surprised it didn’t want me to. I can also ask rough country if they have another switch that will plug in place of the other that doesn’t have a light.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
When I installed my grip heaters the instructions said to just wire them directly to the battery and to use their on/off switch.

I put in a relay to control the power to them so that they are off when the key is off

Reactions: bachman44

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I installed my grip heaters the instructions said to just wire them directly to the battery and to use their on/off switch.

I put in a relay to control the power to them so that they are off when the key is off

Where would I do that here? This is how I installed.
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
I'm on my phone and can't see the picture, but I got the relay at Autozone and some spade connectors then mounted it near the battery with a sheetmetal screw into the plastic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
when i wired my Light bars I used the power to the handle bar light to activate the relay for the light bars thus no switch used ... When i turn on high beams the light bars come on and with Low beams on only the original head lights on low are on... ( I also removed the lamp for third light as it bothered me anytime some thing was on the front rack )

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when i wired my Light bars I used the power to the handle bar light to activate the relay for the light bars thus no switch used ... When i turn on high beams the light bars come on and with Low beams on only the original head lights on low are on... ( I also removed the lamp for third light as it bothered me anytime some thing was on the front rack )
That’s exactly what I need to do. There is no way this switch is going to be water proof either so that’ll be a problem down the road. If I do it like you, problems solved. I wish I were better with this wiring stuff lol. Let’s say I have a friend who doesn’t know anything about wiring, how would he or she find out which wire to the lights is power? Again, asking for a friend.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Rough Country does have a switch that doesn't have a light. It comes with the light bar with driving light..
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts