Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
What, no one liked, or caught, my play on words about Kokopelli "raising" our expectations? LOL He mentioned that he was ordering one a month or two back. I believe he ordered his from Handy Lift as i know he said he was looking at a different brand as well.

I actually shared pictures of the old one I bought used from a friend and Koko asked about it. He is right, it is amazing how nice it is to have one of these lifts to wrench on your Kodiak/Grizzly without being on the floor. Koko did get his with those black colored side extensions, which I do not have but am envious. Take those side extensions off and you can put (2) 4x4 blocks under the frame and have all four wheels hanging. I have run my Grizzly like that and it is very sturdy. Handy lift primarily targeted motorcycles with these lifts but found they were also useful for ATVs and lawn tractors. I don't have the side extensions but do have a motorcycle wheel chock that attaches. I may end up ordering side extensions or have some made for mine.

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I don’t think they have ATV wheel chocks, but it needs them. I may have to fabricate something..

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I love the airbag. Two seconds or less to lift and very smooth. I'm running it at 95psi, but I'm going down to 75psi I think. The ramps work great and the ratchet lock is very nice with multiple hold heights.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
What, no one liked, or caught, my play on words about Kokopelli "raising" our expectations? LOL He mentioned that he was ordering one a month or two back. I believe he ordered his from Handy Lift as i know he said he was looking at a different brand as well.

I actually shared pictures of the old one I bought used from a friend and Koko asked about it. He is right, it is amazing how nice it is to have one of these lifts to wrench on your Kodiak/Grizzly without being on the floor. Koko did get his with those black colored side extensions, which I do not have but am envious. Take those side extensions off and you can put (2) 4x4 blocks under the frame and have all four wheels hanging. I have run my Grizzly like that and it is very sturdy. Handy lift primarily targeted motorcycles with these lifts but found they were also useful for ATVs and lawn tractors. I don't have the side extensions but do have a motorcycle wheel chock that attaches. I may end up ordering side extensions or have some made for mine.
They make a scissor jack to use on top of the lift, but it’s $330 plus shipping. It looks exactly like the $100 ones on Amazon, but tough American made, etc., etc. I had one on my order, but decided to save the bucks and lowered my overall cost to $1700. After thinking about it I didn’t think I would use it enough to warrant the cost. I have a very nice ATV floor jack and jack stands that I’ll use for that. I may try one of the $100 units that Amazon sells.

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
Just get yourself a 4x4 post and cut two lengths about 2 inches shorter than the inside metal plate width. Remove the side extensions, drive your Kodiak over the lift, slide in the 4x4 sections, one near the front, one near the rear to where they don't interfere with the a-arms. Very solid as it will be resting on the Kodiak's frame. You will be able to remove all the wheels and it is a lot cheaper than the scissor jack and probably a lot more sturdy than jack stands.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
2 grand!? That coulda been nice shocks, wheels, and big ol tires for the Bronco you wanna get!

For shame lol

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
hahahahah... It's the wife's Bronco. My FJ has to live outside for the time being. Of course a full size Bronco would rock!

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I have been looking for a good box for the last 3 years and the Kimpex is one that I have though about.

My problem is the way that I transport my Kodiak. Most of the time it is up on the bed rails sitting sideways and I have always wondered just how good of a attachment that the cushion for the seat has. From what I have read most use Velcro and if I didn't uses a strap or something I would be chasing or replacing the cushion after every trip.

If you do get it report back on how it is.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I always kept a bungee strap over my cushion so it wouldn’t move around. It stayed there perfectly, no problems. But you are right. They are all Velcro

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I figured that if I had to I could use some webbing material as a strap across it.

My bigger problem is that I like to put my hands on it before I buy something and it's hard to find someone who stocks then within a hundred miles

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD864

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
No Velcro on the cushion for my box, it's got a 1" wide nylon stap sewn to each side access the box has the same strap rivited to it. It uses the HD quick connect buckles like i have on my goalie pads.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
No Velcro on the cushion for my box, it's got a 1" wide nylon stap sewn to each side access the box has the same strap rivited to it. It uses the HD quick connect buckles like i have on my goalie pads.

What box do you have?

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
What box do you have?
Mine is the first generation of the kimpex deluxe box. First gen had actual keyed locks built into the 2 lids on each side of high taillight, new gen has a latch for a padlock.
They make the exact same box with a 1gal jerry can area instead of the tail light.

Reactions: JimP

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been looking for a good box for the last 3 years and the Kimpex is one that I have though about.

My problem is the way that I transport my Kodiak. Most of the time it is up on the bed rails sitting sideways and I have always wondered just how good of a attachment that the cushion for the seat has. From what I have read most use Velcro and if I didn't uses a strap or something I would be chasing or replacing the cushion after every trip.

If you do get it report back on how it is.
I ordered it last night .my daughter needs a comfortable place so looking forward to test it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered it last night .my daughter needs a comfortable place so looking forward to test it
I went with the nomad + fender protector with foot peg combo. My son rides with the pegs up and is right height for him, my wife (or me when she is driving) are real comfortable with the foot pegs down. Im not a big fan of the hanging feet, this feels more stable when on back, but is personal preference.

After reading a few comments here, think ill add some goalie pad style buckles to the seat as comfort against loosing em when solo riding. The velcro seems strong but cant hurt to be safe.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 45 Posts