Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just waiting on assembly of my Kodiak, and i'll hopefully be picking it up next week. I've got a Runva 2500 pound winch kit and mounting plate, that came with snatch blocks, tow strap and stuff to hook up a plow. I'll be getting some sort of either gun scabbard or gun clamps for sure. What else do you think are "must haves" when it comes to accessories? Not necessarily performance upgrades, those will come later on down the line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A winch is a great place to start. Having recovery gear and some tools is always a good idea.

The factory tires suck. I was able to sell mine with about 50 miles on them as "almost new" for $175.00. I put that money towards a new set.

The factory lighting also sucks. If you ride at night a lightbar is a good investment.

Beyond that, a good quality trunk is a great add on if you have to haul stuff. I like the Yamaha oem box.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Make sure that the plow attachment that you have or are looking at is compatible with the plow you plan on getting.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wingnut

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just sold my OEM tires and wheels for $300 and went with ITP hurricane wheels with stock size Sunf A033 tires mounted

·
Registered
390 Posts
Battery jump pack, I got a Tacklife brand for about $70 US. I basically just keep it with me in any vehicle. Will jump vehicles multiple times, and charge a device if needed.

Extra belt OEM $100

I keep a bottle of DIFF Fluid, if and when those seals get a leak and fill your diff with water, it sounds absolutely horrid. Along with the correct Allen and socket to do a quick drain and fill, to get you back to your vehicle.

Maybe not what you were talking about with accessories. I have almost no accessories

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
RotoPax gas can, tow strap, spare spark plug, a couple bungee straps. And maybe a couple extra tools. Depends on where you ride, and how far.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
Ricochet Off-Road skid plates! even though I messed up my install a bit, they are a MUST HAVE! Not sure why Yamaha does not make a rear diff skid plate for the Kodiak but they do for the grizzly.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
One thing that I have found when I asked kind of the same type of question on a truck forum is that you also need a trailer to haul all the extra equipment and parts that owners recommend.

·
Registered
252 Posts
To see what I have as my loadout you'd think I were heading into a month long solo ride into the wilderness...! 😂

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
252 Posts

Reactions: Blmpkn and JD864

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been waiting too. What the heck Ron? The suspense is killing me..

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is really nice, not what I was expecting. I was sure you had bought a side by side..

Reactions: Madmax
1 - 20 of 45 Posts