Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 kodiak 700 SE and I put 28" tires, a severe duty drive belt, a 1.5 mm shin and 16 gram clutch weights in it. It runs excellent with these upgrades but I notice my gas turning on sooner than usual and the motor warming up faster than usual. No warning lights have turned on or anything but I was wondering if there are any upgrades or anything to help the motor stop getting so hot so quick such as a fuel optimized or anything else? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
Without a actual temperature gauge it is going to be hard to tell just how fast your machine is really getting and how fast.

I have a actual temperature gauge and can watch the temperature raise while it is just idling and sitting still.

You might want to check the coolant level in the overflow tank and or the radiator just as a precaution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the fluid in the overflow tank but doesn't the radiator pull from that tank? So if the coolant level is fine while running the radiator should be fine also correct? And radiator is also clean.

·
Super Moderator
1,238 Posts
The radiator should draw from the recovery tank but I have seen times on vehicles where there is a problem with it doing so. That is where I would like to check the coolant level in the radiator itself.

It isn't too bad getting to the radiator. Just pull the top rack and remove the front plastic panel and you will gain access to it. But as long as the warning light isn't coming on you should be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts