Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a company called MotoLease to lease/purchase their ATV? If so, there is a clause in the contract that says you can not add any accessories without the prior written consent of MotoLease. How hard is it to get that written permission? MotoLease is my only option at this time. I don't want to sign the paperwork knowing that I can't even add a storage box or battery tender without written permission unless others have gone this route and say the permission is easily obtained. There are just some things that need to be done to make the ATV useable for hunting. Thanks for any input you can give.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Don't do it.
Leases for cars, trucks, and atv's are a horrible plan. Right up there with VA loans and timeshare purchases IMO.
Either buy a quad with cash (older or new), or get a low interest rate loan through the dealership or your bank.
I did a 3.point something percent interest for three years to get low notes, but will most likely have it paid off much sooner.
No insurance is required, and it's yours to do with as you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input Primethious. I will probably just buy a slightly older model and not deal with a lease. I didn't think about having to provide insurance on it either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For my "toys" I try to only pay cash . . . which may mean waiting longer to save up enough money for the ATV I really want or buying used. I am not a huge fan of leasing . . . especially on something like an ATV, sled, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Firefighterjake I am going to buy a older model outright and trade in later for a new one after saving up the cash. I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here's a thought:

I bought his and hers Kodiak 700's and financed them using a Credit Union at 1.4 % interest for 36 months. Credit Unions are simple to join and cannot be beat on ATV and RV loan rates.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I bought my new Kodiak (Jan. 16) my dealer was offering 0 % interest for three years , but I paid it off a couple months ago. I had to make at least the minimum payment and if the loan wasn't paid off at the end of 3 yrs I would have had to pay all the interest on the loan. I have heard enough horror stories from people that leased vehicles to sour me on leases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everyone. I ended up buying an older model until I can save up for a newer one. This was a want, not a necessity and the words of my father stuck with me - never finance a luxury item. Thanks again for all the great suggestions. In the end I am glad I didn't do the lease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts