Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the mountains with a couple to ride trails and Dave (the guy) kept bragging about his Polaris and asking me why I would buy a Yamaha. I would just tell him the riding position was more comfortable for me but he just wouldn't let it alone. We started up a trail that started at 11,000 ft and went up from there and when we got to a place where the trail got steeper his Polaris stalled and died. We would leave it set for a few minutes it would start up but when the pull increased down it would go again. He told my wife and I just to go ahead and finish the trail but I didn't want to leave them alone so we followed them back down. Didn't get to see the vista view of Breckenridge and surrounding area but at least he quit bragging about his tried and true Polaris. LOL

Truthfully though, when I was looking at ATVs two different service techs at two different dealerships advised me toward the Yamahas. They said the metal and even the bolts were harder and tougher than what is used in the Polaris. I did find the driving position of the Kodiak more comfortable than the bigger Polaris machine, and the Hondas felt like a torture contraption for my aging back, so I wasn't lying to him.:laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts