Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this Moose 55" push tube bottom mount plow set up? I had problems because the rear end was way to light and needed to add about 75 pounds to the rear and now it plows perfect. I had a Warn push tube with my other 10 year old atv and had no issues. This Moose set up is made real well and very easy to put on and take off Just the weight issue otherwise im very happy with it. BTW the ATV is a 2016 Kodiak 700 base model

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 60 inch Moose plow with an under-belly mounting plate. I had to buy a new base mounting plate and two adapters for the push tubes as my Moose plow set up was from the late 1990s. My manual lift which attaches to the front rack works fine without the need for a winch . . . I thought about buying a winch for the Kodiak, but with the manual set up it works pretty well.

I have had no issues with weight in the back . . . probably because I'm fat and provide all the weight it needs. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
I have found that when pushing snow that you need extra weight on the rear no matter what machine you are doing it with. Either that or just stick in in 4x4 and just leave it there. On my old 2000 Kodiak it had a hard time going anywhere in the snow with the plow on and pushing snow. Even with my fat rear on it also. I just stuck it in 4x4 and had no problems at all.

So far this year my Kodiak has just sat, there hasn't been enough snow to even fire it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts